What We Do
At Goldman Sachs, our Engineers don’t just make things – we make things possible. Change the world by connecting people and capital with ideas. Solve the most challenging and pressing engineering problems for our clients. Join our engineering teams that build massively scalable software and systems, architect low latency infrastructure solutions, proactively guard against cyber threats, and leverage machine learning alongside financial engineering to continuously turn data into action. Create new businesses, transform finance, and explore a world of opportunity at the speed of markets
Engineering, which is comprised of our Technology Division and global strategists groups, is at the critical center of our business, and our dynamic environment requires innovative strategic thinking and immediate, real solutions. Want to push the limit of digital possibilities? Start here.
Who We Look For
Goldman Sachs Engineers are innovators and problem-solvers, building solutions in risk management, big data, mobile and more. We look for creative collaborators who evolve, adapt to change and thrive in a fast-paced global environment.
Financial Regulators around the world continue to impose new regulatory obligations and evolve existing ones. In response, the firm continues to invest heavily in technology to meet these demands and protect the firm's reputation.
The Post Execution Regulatory Reporting team plays a critical role here, developing processes to extract complex data from trading systems in a timely manner.
The team is responsible for:
• Working with Operations / Reg Ops Tech to understand requirements
• Modelling data
• Sourcing data from trading systems
• Transforming data using Slang/Java
• We operate out of New York, London and Bengaluru
• You will work on both new and existing regulatory reporting jurisdictions (including MIFID2), and have the opportunity to work on strategic architecture
• Work on highly visible projects, which are essential for the firm's commercial and reputational success.
• Bachelors or Masters degree in Computer Science, Mathematics or a related technical field
• 1-3 years programming in an object-oriented language such as C++, Java, C#
• Application development using relational or object oriented databases
• Strong problem solving and analytical skills
• Ability to perform complex debugging and root-cause analysis
• Close interaction with business users to understand and help shape requirements
• Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC) experience
• Clear and confident communication skills
• Slang/SecDB experience
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2018. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.