What We Do
At Goldman Sachs, our Engineers don’t just make things – we make things possible. Change the world by connecting people and capital with ideas. Solve the most challenging and pressing engineering problems for our clients. Join our engineering teams that build massively scalable software and systems, architect low latency infrastructure solutions, proactively guard against cyber threats, and leverage machine learning alongside financial engineering to continuously turn data into action. Create new businesses, transform finance, and explore a world of opportunity at the speed of markets
Engineering, which is comprised of our Technology Division and global strategists groups, is at the critical center of our business, and our dynamic environment requires innovative strategic thinking and immediate, real solutions. Want to push the limit of digital possibilities? Start here.
Who We Look For
Goldman Sachs Engineers are innovators and problem-solvers, building solutions in risk management, big data, mobile and more. We look for creative collaborators who evolve, adapt to change and thrive in a fast-paced global environment.
Job Summary & Responsibilities:
The Finance Engineering team, working closely with many other groups, designs and develops the solutions which support key functions of client portfolio management including: pricing, valuations, performance, risk, and financial reporting ? for both internal and external consumers.
This role will focus on building out a financial reporting platform leveraging the latest EP products and technologies. We are looking for smart technologists who want to join a global team motivated to provide a useful and scalable solution for our clients.
• We are open to a variety of skillsets. Knowledge of financial products is a plus, but not required. Broad range of technologies employed: Java, AngularJS, Hadoop, Kafka, Spark, Scala, Qlikview. We also leverage EP tools like EP Workflow and Datastream.
• Work in a dynamic, fast-paced environment that provides exposure to all areas of Finance.
• Build strong relationships with business partners.
• Understand business needs, facilitating and developing process workflow, data requirements, and specifications required to support implementation.
• Develop technical specifications, high level/detailed design, testing strategies, and implementation plans from business requirements.
• Manage end-to-end systems development cycle from requirements analysis, coding, testing, UAT and maintenance.
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Electrical Engineering or related technical discipline.
• Experience in software development, including a clear understanding of data structures, algorithms, software design and core programming concepts.
• Comfortable multi-tasking, managing multiple stakeholders and working as part of a team.
• Excellent communication skills including experience speaking to technical and business audiences and working globally.
• Expertise in Java development & Relational Databases, Linux, Perl.
• Can apply an entrepreneurial approach and passion to problem solving and product development.
• Strong problem solving and analytical skills.
• Strong programming experience in at least one compiled language (e.g. C, C++, Java).
• In-depth knowledge of relational and columnar SQL databases, including database design.
• Experience with continuous delivery and deployment.
• Proficient at working with large and complex code bases.
• Comfortable working in highly dynamic and rapid development environment (Agile development experience).
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2018. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.