What We Do
At Goldman Sachs, our Engineers don’t just make things – we make things possible. Change the world by connecting people and capital with ideas. Solve the most challenging and pressing engineering problems for our clients. Join our engineering teams that build massively scalable software and systems, architect low latency infrastructure solutions, proactively guard against cyber threats, and leverage machine learning alongside financial engineering to continuously turn data into action. Create new businesses, transform finance, and explore a world of opportunity at the speed of markets
Engineering, which is comprised of our Technology Division and global strategists groups, is at the critical center of our business, and our dynamic environment requires innovative strategic thinking and immediate, real solutions. Want to push the limit of digital possibilities? Start here.\
Who We Look For
Goldman Sachs Engineers are innovators and problem-solvers, building solutions in risk management, big data, mobile and more. We look for creative collaborators who evolve, adapt to change and thrive in a fast-paced global environment.
Job Summary & Responsibilities :
Our team of engineers builds solutions to the most complex problems. We develop cutting-edge technology systems and processes that form the core of our key business and enable large scale data processing. The Reconciliations space is a vibrant and highly dynamic global Ops and Tech community that is involved on all major business initiatives, industry initiatives and internal strategic flow reengineering projects across the Firm. Goldman Sachs need to actively manage operational and counterparty risk arising due to data flows discrepancies between internal and external systems. Using a suite of internally developed reconciliation tools, we supports reconciliations of over 10 million trades on a daily.
The team is responsible for developing and supporting multiple applications directly related to the reconciliation function or the break management workflow. The team are currently embarking on build a next generation reconciliation platform across enterprise platform biases that will be far more couple and integrated with key data stores and sources and provide enhanced control services and self service onboarding.
This new platform is predominantly aimed to support the Operations Division but not limited to only the operations division.
We are looking for candidates to:
• Work in a fast paced agile environment working alongside highly motivated engineers developing platform solutions.
• Design, develop, test and document highly reliable new applications, tools and workflows to support reconciliations and associated infrastructure, in a structured, disciplined environment.
• Have opportunity to work with several different technology platforms deployed within the Java, HTML5, AngularJs, Process Modelling and database platforms.
• Form strong client relationships with operations and other technology communities.
• Provide leadership in technology and grow the local team in terms of implementations and best practices.
• Perform architectural design on large scale projects and components.
• Developing on Linux/Unix based systems.
• Solid object oriented design and programming skills.
• SQL and Database skills, e.g. DB2/Sybase.
• Scripting languages a plus.
• 5-8years of relevant experience
• Comfortable working in a global environment.
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2018. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.