Our team of engineers builds solutions to the most complex problems. We develop cutting-edge systems and processes that form the core of our key business and enable transactions to move in milliseconds. We provide real-time access to critical deal information and crunch billions of data points each day to inform firm-wide market insights and strategies. Team members have the opportunity to work at the forefront of technology innovation alongside industry leaders and make significant contributions to the field.
ENGINEERING AT GOLDMAN SACHS
What We Do
At Goldman Sachs, our Engineers don’t just make things – we make things possible. Change the world by connecting people and capital with ideas. Solve the most challenging and pressing engineering problems for our clients. Join our engineering teams that build massively scalable software and systems, architect low latency infrastructure solutions, proactively guard against cyber threats, and leverage machine learning alongside financial engineering to continuously turn data into action. Create new businesses, transform finance, and explore a world of opportunity at the speed of markets
Engineering, which is comprised of our Technology Division and global strategists groups, is at the critical center of our business, and our dynamic environment requires innovative strategic thinking and immediate, real solutions. Want to push the limit of digital possibilities? Start here.
Who We Look For
Goldman Sachs Engineers are innovators and problem-solvers, building solutions in risk management, big data, mobile and more. We look for creative collaborators who evolve, adapt to change and thrive in a fast-paced global environment.
Job Summary & Responsibilities:
Deployment and Runtime Platform is responsible for Goldman Sachs’ mission critical production platforms including:
- Private and public Cloud computing platform
- Distributed scheduling
- Entitlements platform
- Security and critical infrastructure services
- Linux and Windows engineering
- Core data centre platforms including network and storage
The Reliability Engineering function within Deployment and Runtime is a global team with the following responsibilities:
- Engage with application development teams to improve the whole lifecycle of services—from inception and design, through deployment, operation and refinement.
- Participate in system design consulting, platform management and capacity planning.
- Develop software and systems architectural frameworks and tooling.
- Maintain services by measuring and monitoring availability, latency and overall system health.
- Create and sustain scalable systems and services through automation and uplifts.
- 5 or more years of experience in a relevant role (DevOps, Reliability Engineering, Systems Administration, Application Programming, etc)
- Team player, eager to work in a global organization
- Energy, self-motivation and independence to manage multiple tasks
- Experience with distributed compute systems
- Highly knowledgeable of at least one of Linux or Windows platforms running key business applications
- Knowledgeable of many other areas of technology (networking, hardware, etc)
- Highly entrepreneurial and motivated
- Highly organized
- Strong interpersonal skills - good client facing skills as well as excellent oral and written communication
- Exposure to Linux / Unix environment and advanced knowledge and experience of automating / scripting tasks is essential
- Hands on experience in production deployment and release management
- Hands on experience in troubleshooting and debugging application issues
- Knowledge of best practices and IT operations in a highly available and mission critical service
- Knowledge of at least one programming language (Erlang, Python, Perl, C++, C, Java, SQL) beyond basic scripting is a key advantage
- Experience managing performance, availability and scale of mid- to large-sized systems (Experience of building and running high availability systems is an advantage)
- Experience with all stages in the lifecycle of large distributed systems: inception, analysis, design, implementation, runtime, maintenance
- Good knowledge of at least one database product (like MSQL / PostgreSQL / DB2) (Knowledge of NOSQL products like MongoDB would be an advantage)
- Possesses good knowledge of different software systems, client/server architectures and various compatibility requirements
- Knowledge on Software Development Lifecycles and methodologies, Release Management Process & Products are added advantage.
- Familiarity with open source automation / configuration tools such as Chef, Puppet, Ansible or SaltStack would be an advantage
They will part of a global effort to expand, rationalize, and standardize the automation and service layer of our product base to provide increased service to our clients.
They will have access to a global team of technology experts from a multitude of disciplines and provide a single point of service for their application developer clients.
GS offers a wide range of both technical resources and structured training coursework through GS University.
This position faces off to the business application development as well as technology infrastructure communities.
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2018. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.