Our team of engineers builds solutions to the most complex problems. We develop cutting-edge systems and processes that form the core of our key business and enable transactions to move in milliseconds. We provide real-time access to critical deal information and crunch billions of data points each day to inform firm-wide market insights and strategies. Team members have the opportunity to work at the forefront of technology innovation alongside industry leaders and make significant contributions to the field.
Mission: Develop a team, vision and platform which identifies/prioritizes actionable security & fraud risks which have tangible businesses impact across Goldman’s consumer and commercial banking businesses. Develop response and recovery technology and programs to ensure resilience from fraud and abuse events.
The team is seeking an information security leader to manage a Security, Privacy Trust and Technology Risk team which will help build a secure platform which puts consumers first. The firm believes that this team will become a key competitive advantage of the business. The team is comprised of exceptionally talented senior security engineers, security monitoring, analysis and reporting analysts and program and resilience leads.
The team works alongside industry leading technologists from who have recently joined Goldman Sachs from consumer security, technology, fintech, finance and quant firms.
The role has a broad scope which will involve interacting with senior leaders of Goldman and its consumer business on a regular basis. The position is hands-on and requires a driven and “take ownership” oriented individual who is intently focused on execution. You will work directly with developers, business leaders, vendors, government officials and partners in order to deliver security assets to the consumer business
Applicants should have experience in managing information security processes and teams within complex financial institutions. This function reports into the GS Bank and Consumer Finance Chief Information Security Officer and Head of Consumer Technology in EMEA. The primary purpose of this function is to drive trust and technology risk frameworks through product development and control processes. Additionally, this function oversees regional consumer technology risk and trust governance in partnership with GS Bank’s compliance and credit risk functions.
· Lead a team of technology professionals and advise software engineers through the development, application, testing of critical technology risk functions, included but not limited to: penetration testing, application security testing, business continuity testing, instrumentation, monitoring, detection and response
· Provide thought leadership and guidance regarding technology risk prevention, detection, incident response and resolution
· Oversee security infrastructure management, security architecture operations and best practices
· Manage, develop and operationalize analytics which discover security & fraud events and identifies risks for all of Goldman’s consumer businesses
· Partner with fraud / abuse operations and leadership to ensure consumer fraud rates are within industry norms and own outcomes related to fraud improvements
· Develop and improve firm’s incident response process, program and technologies. Act as liaison on behalf of the firm for government interactions, incidents and public/private initiatives
· Ensure appropriate monitoring and dashboard capabilities are maintained to provide insights to both security incident response teams, as well as executive/leadership
· Execute “what if scenarios” across the consumer businesses to ensure resilience to fraud events
· Adaptable and flexible with a can-do attitude
· Ability to operate in a fluid and flat organization
· Proactive with a strong sense of ownership
· Experience / interest in learning about the financial services industry
· Self-motivation and the ability to work under minimal supervision.
· 8-15 years relevant information security management, fraud and enterprise technology experience
· Ability to develop a vision and operating plan and execute under minimal supervision
· Executive level communication, people management and presentation skills
· Strong relationships with industry counterparts in the fraud, abuse, cybercrime and government roles
· Extensive knowledge of information security principles and banking and privacy regulations including GDPR,GLBA and NYDFS
· Demonstrated leadership abilities
· Strong English verbal and written communication skills
· Ability to multi-task and prioritize work effectively
· Highly motivated self-starter
· Responsive to challenging tasking
· Ability to document and explain technical details in a concise and understandable manner
· Strong sense of ownership and driven to manage tasks to completion
· Highly collaborative and team oriented
· Bachelor of Science in Computer Science, System/Computer Engineering, Cyber-Security, or Information Security is preferred. Bachelors of Science/Arts in Forensic Computing, System/Computer Engineering, Data Science, Engineering, Operations Research, or Decision Science will be considered
· Coursework or experience in computer science, computer security, computer networking, system design, system integration, software development, emerging technologies, open source frameworks, encryption schemes, and application testing/penetration testing/reviews preferred
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2017. All rights reserved
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.