What We Do
At Goldman Sachs, our Engineers don’t just make things – we make things possible. Change the world by connecting people and capital with ideas. Solve the most challenging and pressing engineering problems for our clients. Join our engineering teams that build massively scalable software and systems, architect low latency infrastructure solutions, proactively guard against cyber threats, and leverage machine learning alongside financial engineering to continuously turn data into action. Create new businesses, transform finance, and explore a world of opportunity at the speed of markets.
Engineering, which is comprised of our Technology Division and global strategists groups, is at the critical center of our business, and our dynamic environment requires innovative strategic thinking and immediate, real solutions. Want to push the limit of digital possibilities? Start here.
Who We Look For
Goldman Sachs Engineers are innovators and problem-solvers, building solutions in risk management, big data, mobile and more. We look for creative collaborators who evolve, adapt to change and thrive in a fast-paced global environment.
Technology is at the heart of our multi-billion dollar business. Our engineers develop lowlatency, scalable, and resilient solutions which drive global equities sales and trading at
Are you passionate about keeping up-to-date with the latest trends in the fast-moving Web technology space? Do you have what it takes to engineer the next generation Web development platform, to partner with strats, sales, and traders in the firm's Securities Division to provide best in class execution workflows, risk and analytical tools to best suit our client channels? If so, we have the perfect opportunity for you to join our Systematic Trading Strategies Technology team at Goldman Sachs.
The Systematic Trading Strategies (STS) business is a global Strat team responsible for building cutting-edge systematic “index” products—liquid, transparent, and investible vehicles that provide clients with cutting-edge access to market risk factors and trading strategies. The team is looking for an experienced frontend/backend Web developer to drive the business’s digital strategy forward.
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
• Partner with strats, sales, and traders in the firm's Securities Division to provide best in class execution workflows, risk and analytical tools to best suit our client channels.
• Engineer the next generation Web development platform.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE WE ARE LOOKING FOR
• Professional React/AngularJS development experience
• Experience developing scalable RESTful services
• Solid understanding of the web development process from the layout/user interface to services layer
• Excellent object oriented analysis and design skills
• Strong knowledge of data structures, algorithms, and designing for performance
• Excellent communication skills including experience speaking to technical and business audiences and working globally
• Comfortable multi-tasking, managing multiple stakeholders and working as part of a team
• Can apply an entrepreneurial approach and passion to problem solving and product development
• Strong problem solving and analytical skills
• Experience of scripting languages and functional programming
• Knowledge of equities markets and familiarity with derivatives products such as options, swaps or exotics
• Experience supporting technology including; RFQ, FIX, E-Commerce, Issuance and Lifecycle
• Experience in a business-facing, front office role
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
Â© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2018. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.