What We Do
At Goldman Sachs, our Engineers don’t just make things – we make things possible. Change the world by connecting people and capital with ideas. Solve the most challenging and pressing engineering problems for our clients. Join our engineering teams that build massively scalable software and systems, architect low latency infrastructure solutions, proactively guard against cyber threats, and leverage machine learning alongside financial engineering to continuously turn data into action. Create new businesses, transform finance, and explore a world of opportunity at the speed of markets.
Engineering, which is comprised of our Technology Division and global strategists groups, is at the critical center of our business, and our dynamic environment requires innovative strategic thinking and immediate, real solutions. Want to push the limit of digital possibilities? Start here.
Who We Look For
Goldman Sachs Engineers are innovators and problem-solvers, building solutions in risk management, big data, mobile and more. We look for creative collaborators who evolve, adapt to change and thrive in a fast-paced global environment.
Enabling Goldman Sachs’ research analysts to model investment ideas efficiently and
accurately, whilst ensuring that clients can access these ideas when, where and how they
choose. GIR Technologists leverage the latest in cloud, mobile and big data technologies to
help define and deliver our digital investment research strategy.
As a data platform engineer, you will be responsible for being part of a team building a green field distribution platform for the firm’s clients to access Research data. Breaking new ground for Goldman Sachs, our new data platform will provide clients with access to over 3bn data points through streaming data services, state-of-the-art database technologies and web-scale, industry-standard APIs. You will be leading a growing, global team based in Singapore, London & New York engaged in all stages of software development from requirements gathering through to development and deployment. We run an Agile (Scrum) team with iterative feedback loops with our clients and continual improvement of the team’s processes. We are looking for talented engineers who have an insatiable appetite for learning, passionate about building commercial solutions innovatively and developing highly effective teams.
• Drive decision making across the team’s development cycle
• Seek to improve team performance and managing team member’s career growth
• Proactively identify efficiency and design improvements to existing systems and processes
• Work with clients across regions to gather requirements and manage development of solutions
• Work with senior technology stakeholders communicating project challenges and progress
• Research, conceive and develop with new technologies and their application to upcoming projects
• BSc degree in Computing or Engineering
• Experience of working in Agile teams
• Experience of working in a global team
• Team (career, project and technical) management experience
• Java development experience
• Team-oriented with strong communication and collaborative skills
• A background in Research or Publishing
• Investment banking experience
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
Â© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2018. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.