What We Do
At Goldman Sachs, our Engineers don’t just make things – we make things possible. Change the world by connecting people and capital with ideas. Solve the most challenging and pressing engineering problems for our clients. Join our engineering teams that build massively scalable software and systems, architect low latency infrastructure solutions, proactively guard against cyber threats, and leverage machine learning alongside financial engineering to continuously turn data into action. Create new businesses, transform finance, and explore a world of opportunity at the speed of markets.
Engineering, which is comprised of our Technology Division and global strategists groups, is at the critical center of our business, and our dynamic environment requires innovative strategic thinking and immediate, real solutions. Want to push the limit of digital possibilities? Start here.
Who We Look For
Goldman Sachs Engineers are innovators and problem-solvers, building solutions in risk management, big data, mobile and more. We look for creative collaborators who evolve, adapt to change and thrive in a fast-paced global environment.
Prime Services is a technology intensive business that aims to provide our clients with all
the tools and services to run their business. In Prime Services Technology we regularly
consider new technology products available in the market or in the firm to meet our clients’
needs and high trading volumes. As a result, we are constantly expanding our platform to offer clients more products, creating opportunities for people in the group to gain experience in a variety of different technologies.
SECURITIES LENDING facilitates the short sale of securities, helping our clients manage risk and maintain liquidity. We offer industry-leading insights into global securities lending flow,
superior access to supply, and unparalleled borrow protection.
Securities Lending builds the technology that powers the Securities Lending business, in
which GS is the global market leader. We partner with Strats & Prod Dev to design and develop world-class in-house platforms that provide pretrade and trade functionality, trading analytics, reporting, and post trade operational functionality, ensuring our business maintains its competitive edge.
The Securities Lending role involves working in a dynamic front-office trading environment as a part of the global team. You'll be responsible for designing, writing, reviewing, testing and implementing a variety of scalable applications leveraging the latest firm wide technologies. The applications we develop include inventory and risk management, calculating client accruals, and facilitating internal/external trading flows.
We are seeking a developer who will undertake development across all tiers of our business-facing systems in a global team. You will be expected to implement and suggest best development practices/methodologies to deliver high quality software throughout the development stack. Our primary technologies are Java, .Net and Web. We also have a footprint in SecDb and own multiple TBs of data.
Our end to end technology stack runs the firm’s Securities Lending business. We build innovative tech solutions for our business, allowing them to serve their hedge fund clients and institutional lenders. Our highly technical team, sitting close to our traders, work together delivering solutions with a particular focus on micro services and trader UX. We’re agile, global and diverse. We currently have a strong focus on further automating our flows to enable us to increase our volumes to various electronic venues in a way that provides scale, transparency and control.
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
• You will be relied upon to be proactive in your approach, managing both daily tasks and a project role.
• You will be building upon both teamwork and communication skills as you become integrated within the team, and will also have the opportunity to develop technical and analytical abilities as you progress on various projects and programmes of work.
• You will have the opportunity to liaise with the global Securities Lending team and other teams within the Engineering division.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE WE ARE LOOKING FOR
• We're looking for you to have 2+ years of commercial experience in building applications using Java technologies.
• You should have a solid understanding of core Java concepts and Design Patterns
• A good understanding of the principles behind test driven development (TDD) with hands on experience with Unit Testing frameworks
• We'll expect you to be proficient with databases systems and SQL; able to write and analyse complex queries with multi-table joins and aggregate functions.
• You should be able to analyse non-trivial interdependencies between systems and posses excellent problem solving and analytical skills.
• Interest or experience in financial services and trading businesses is expected.
• Excellent communication skills and client interaction are a key part of the role which we'd expect you to demonstrate.
• Whilst not required, it will be a plus if you have experience of working in a user/client facing environment, ideally Prime Brokerage/Securities Lending
• Similarly advantageous would be an understanding of REST and SOA architectures or experience with Distributed Systems using EJB and JMS/RabbitMQ.
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
Â© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2018. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.