We're looking for a proactive, solution oriented support to a team of investment bankers, providing quality, timely and well organized administration support and services and assisting with project work when required. The role works closely with other EAs and the Office Manager to continuously add value to the team and client relationships.
The Goldman Sachs Group is a bank holding company and a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Goldman Sachs provides a wide range of services worldwide to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and high net worth individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in London, Frankfurt, Tokyo, Hong Kong and other major financial centers around the world.
- Extensive, complex diary management, including coordination of internal and external meetings, calls, video conferences.
- Maintain team diaries and contacts
- Telephone answering is a priority – accurate and prompt messages and assistance
- Travel – book flights and accommodation for team, including knowledge and awareness of the whereabout of bankers, relevant client activities and travel policy guidelines
- Expenses – accurately complete expense reports for team of bankers each month
- Assisting bankers – general administration tasks, source and collate research information, news runs and project materials as required.
- Coordinate couriers and outgoing mail, distribute incoming mail
- General administration, including document production (Word) when required; ad hoc project work
- Client entertainment – organize ad hoc lunches, dinners; work with Events Manager and bankers to invite clients to GS events
- Actively foster a cohesive work environment within the EA team; working effectively with other EAs to ensure support cover during lunch hours and other absences.
- Build and maintain relationships with staff in offshore offices
The successful candidate will have at least 3+ years of corporate experience, ideally with an investment bank or within the financial services industry
- Must be able to work proactively in a fast-paced and demanding environment and have the ability to prioritize a busy workload
- Native Chinese speaker is desired with fluent conversational and written English
- Highly organized with strong attention to detail and an ability to manage multiple tasks and deliver quality results
- Exhibit highest standards of professionalism and maturity and the ability to bring ideas and experience to tasks
- Excellent communication/interpersonal skills – able to interact at all levels
- Proactive, punctual, reliable and a team player, together with a willingness to help other members of the EA team
- Be a good team player who is willing and ready to help your peers to ensure smooth daily operation in the office
- Business acumen and financial awareness
- Fast and accurate keyboard skills
- Advanced Outlook skills required – for contacts maintenance and diary scheduling, including time zones. Advanced skills in Word including mail merge and long, complex documents.
- Intermediate Excel skills for general reporting and register maintenance
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2017. All rights reserved
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.