Application Opening Date: 07 December 2017
Application Closing Date: 03 January 2018
Ideal candidates for the Securities Division are dynamic, quick-thinking self-starters who have a real passion for the markets. The ability to communicate effectively and build strong relationships with clients and colleagues from a diversity of backgrounds and experiences is crucial. Those who succeed in Securities thrive in the fast-paced, constantly changing environment where no two days are the same.
You will work on a flow trading desk, working within a team of traders, focusing on investment grade corporate credit, primarily bonds and CDS.
The Securities Division enables our clients to buy and sell financial products, raise funding and manage risk. We make markets and facilitate client transactions in fixed income, equity, currency and commodity products. In addition, we make markets in and clear client transactions on major stock, options and futures exchanges worldwide. Through our global sales force, we maintain relationships with our clients, receiving orders and distributing investment research, trading ideas, market information and analysis.
Our core value is building strong relationships with our institutional clients, which include corporations, financial service providers, and fund managers. We help them buy and sell financial products on exchanges around the world, raise funding, and manage risk. This is a dynamic, entrepreneurial team with a passion for the markets, with individuals who thrive in fast-paced, changing environments and are energized by a bustling trading floor.
HOW YOU WILL FULFIL YOUR POTENTIAL
- Working with credit portfolio managers and research managers to identify value and opportunities within the investment grade corporate market
- Working with both credit and client portfolio managers to build and monitor credit risk in portfolios, including management of cash flows
- Identifying, allocating, and executing trades
- Risk monitoring and reporting
- Maintaining and improving various trading tools and the accuracy of the data they employ
- Developing and maintaining sell-side relationships
- Manage and trade the risk of the business
- Analyse customer flow to optimize yields
- Meet with customers as the trading representative of our business
- Liaise with sales on customer flow and pricing adjustments
- Liaise with strats on pricing and hedging techniques
- Liaise with IT on trading and eCommerce initiatives
- Stay abreast of competitive and market landscape
- Independent research (study alpha-generating trading strategies, interesting customer behaviour, etc.)
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCES WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- Strong academic record with Master’s or equivalent in Finance, Economics or a related discipline
- Strong track record in trading role within investment banking/multinational financial institutions required
- Special focus and experience in Credit Trading essential
- Knowledge of Structured Products, Utilities, Capital Goods, Equities and Commodity Derivatives, Overnight Index Swaps required
- Knowledge of Financial Markets, Quantitative Methods, Financial Mathematics and Data Mining required
- Proficiency in Excel including VBA and knowledge of Bloomberg, SQL/MySQL, R and Matlab required
- Strong analytical thinking and decision making skills required
- Ability to work effectively with people within a large and diverse team required
- Ability to synthesise and dissect large amounts of information in a fast-paced and dynamic environment required
- Ability to multi-task required
|The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.|
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2017. All rights reserved
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.