Application Opening Date: 07 December 2017
Application Closing Date: 03 January 2018
The Goldman Sachs Securities Division is currently looking for candidates with quantitative and analytical skills with strong academic backgrounds and demonstrated leadership abilities.
The Associate will work on an assigned desk in a sales role. You will quickly become an integral member of the team with your own responsibilities. As your experience and confidence grows, you will take charge of client relationships.
The Securities Division facilitates client transactions with a diverse group of corporations, financial institutions, investment funds, governments and individuals through market making in, trading of and investing in fixed income and equity products, currencies, commodities and derivatives on these products. We also take proprietary positions on certain of these products. In addition, we engage in market-making activities on equities and options exchanges, and we clear client transactions on major stock, options and futures exchanges worldwide.
Functionally, the Securities Division performs the following primary roles across various lines of business:
- Sales plays a key role in building and maintaining relationships with our clients, helping to design investing and hedging strategies.
- Trading makes markets for issuing and investing clients and facilitates trades by providing liquidity.
- Investing researches industry sectors and individual companies and makes longer-term investments.
- Strats use their mathematical and scientific training and work closely with the firm’s trading, sales and banking professionals to create financial products, advise clients on transactions, measure risk and identify market opportunities.
- Structurers create and advise on more complex derivative solutions tailored to a client's specific asset and liability management requirements.
HOW YOU WILL FULFIL YOUR POTENTIAL
- Making markets in various asset classes such as bonds, money market instruments, bank loans, asset-backed securities, currencies, commodities, and other products
- Portfolio hedging and restructuring; structuring derivative transactions
- Support primary sales coverage in structuring, pricing and executing derivative and physical transactions
- Understanding market fundamentals and trends and communicating information to clients
- Collect, manage and analyse data related to industry trends and client trading activity
- Create presentation materials which will be used for existing and prospective client meeting
- Client acquisition and relationship management including active client coverage, product demos and market interaction
- Work with various teams in Sales, Trading, Structuring and Product Development to promote new business
- Understand competitive landscape, innovate and drive our external products forward
- Assist in identifying features, functionality and design ideas for our electronic product suite
- Interacting with CRMA, Legal and Ops teams internally to help enhance client experience and seamless trade execution
- Network internally and externally to understand market dynamics and build relationships to grow our client franchise
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCES WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- Strong academic record with Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Finance, Economics or a related discipline required
- Prior investment banking industry experience required
- Strong experience of covering Fixed Income, Currencies and Commodities (FICC) sales required
- Knowledge of financial markets and product coverage including FX, interest rate products, credit, structured notes, private placements and derivatives required
- Must have had experience of dealing with Institutional Clients
- Experience of pitching trade ideas, portfolio analysis, hedging solutions and executing FX trade flows required
- Experience of on-boarding and maintaining clients
- Strong Chinese language communication skills (verbal and writing) required
- Good communication skills and strong analytical ability
- Ability to handle a significant amount of responsibility
- Intellectual curiosity and a strong desire to learn
- Must be a strong team player
|The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.|
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2017. All rights reserved
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.