What We Do
At Goldman Sachs, our Engineers don’t just make things – we make things possible. Change the world by connecting people and capital with ideas. Solve the most challenging and pressing engineering problems for our clients. Join our engineering teams that build massively scalable software and systems, architect low latency infrastructure solutions, proactively guard against cyber threats, and leverage machine learning alongside financial engineering to continuously turn data into action. Create new businesses, transform finance, and explore a world of opportunity at the speed of markets.
Engineering, which is comprised of our Technology Division and global strategists groups, is at the critical center of our business, and our dynamic environment requires innovative strategic thinking and immediate, real solutions. Want to push the limit of digital possibilities? Start here.
Who We Look For
Goldman Sachs Engineers are innovators and problem-solvers, building solutions in risk management, big data, mobile and more. We look for creative collaborators who evolve, adapt to change and thrive in a fast-paced global environment.
The Operations Division is the engine room that powers Goldman Sachs, and Operations Technology is driving their industrialization through automation, digitization and orchestration
The Synthetics business at Goldman Sachs, a key growth area for the firm, is undergoing a transformational change driven by a desire to handle higher volumes and improve our client service. It is a complex and nuanced global business, operating with low latency at scale, requiring significant technological investment to make our platform the best in class. The Post Execution Synthetics Engineering team is at the forefront of this effort, leading the effort to digitise and automate the systems that manage the booking and lifecycle of synthetics and equity derivative products within the front office trading risk system. To achieve this we have a number of greenfield projects to re-architect our technology stack to meet these requirements and are looking for highly technical developers to help us achieve this goal.
The candidate will be part of a global team responsible for providing cutting-edge technological solutions to support our business and our clients. Developers are encouraged to be involved in every stage of development from requirements gathering through to design discussions, building, testing and deployment. Effective problem-solving through communication and a highly-developed analytical and technical skillset will be essential to your success. A willing and enthusiastic attitude toward mastering the necessary technical skills, as well as toward forming a detailed understanding of the businesses you will work with, are key requirements of the role. This role offers the opportunity to contribute directly to the success and growth of our client franchise. It offers significant opportunities for long term career growth, building leadership skills, gaining exposure to a wide range of products and business flows and most importantly developing technical solutions in bleeding edge technologies.
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
• Take a leading role in requirement analysis and systems design
• Design, develop, test and document client and server-side system components in a structured, disciplined, and fast-moving environment
• Develop systems using commercial and proprietary technologies
• Technical coaching of junior members of the team
• Form strong client relationships with traders, salespeople, strats, operations, and other technology groups in an integrated business and technology environment
• Support the production environment, assist in the diagnosis and resolution of incidents, and maintain the stability and integrity of systems
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE WE ARE LOOKING FOR
• Degree or equivalent in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or other related technical discipline
• Minimum of 5 years of professional experience in one or more of Java, Scala, Python, C++, C#
• Experience in relational or NoSql databases
• Strong technical and analytical skills
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, able to work well with local and global team members
• Self-motivated team player, moving the project forward against any obstacles along the way
• Experience interacting with end users and eliciting requirements
• Experience with complex debugging and root-cause analysis
• Experience in functional programming in a scripting language, e.g.: Python
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
Â© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2018. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.