Operations is a dynamic, multi-faceted division that partners with all parts of the firm to provide banking, securities, and asset management services to clients around the world. In addition, Operations provides essential risk management and controls to preserve and enhance the firm's assets and its reputation. For every new product launched and every trade executed, it is Operations that develops and manages the processes and controls that enable business flow.
WHO WE ARE
Goldman Sachs is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of services worldwide to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and high net-worth individuals. Founded in 1869, it is one of the oldest and largest investment banking firms in the world. The firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in London, Bangalore, Frankfurt, Tokyo, Hong Kong and other major financial centres around the world. We are committed to growing our distinctive culture and upholding our core values, which always place our client's interests first. These values are reflected in our Business Principles, which emphasise integrity, commitment to excellence, innovation and teamwork.
Operations is a dynamic, multi-faceted division that partners with all areas of the firm to deliver banking, sales and trading and asset management capabilities to clients around the globe. Alongside this integral service delivery role, Operations provides essential risk management and control, preserving and enhancing the firm’s assets and its reputation. Behind every trade executed, every new product launched, every market entered, and every transaction completed is an Operations team that develops the foundational processes and controls that make our business flow.
Asset Servicing is a Securities Trade Management business unit responsible for the management of Voluntary Income and Corporate Actions events across the globe for both equity and fixed income products. The team’s role in supporting both internal and external clients throughout the lifecycle of large-scale events, including Mergers and Acquisitions, Shareholder Meetings, and Bankruptcies, provides a unique opportunity to play a part in real-time, impactful market transactions.
Areas of focus for this role include creation of announcement information, instructing client and firm elections into the market, and distributing and reconciling entitlements, alongside a dedicated client facing service team. Additionally, Asset Servicing has a proven track record of developing its team members in a wide variety of functions and skill sets, with opportunities to learn and cross-train in multiple products and teams.
A successful candidate would focus on day-to-day execution of event processing for a wide a variety of market events, working to ensure that our businesses, clients and stakeholders receive critical updates and are thoroughly supported in their decision-making. The analyst would work within a regional team, collaborating with other groups across the globe, with the opportunity to learn and train cross-function. There is a wealth of knowledge to be gained from the diversity of the markets, events and products covered by Asset Servicing on a daily basis, along with a unique opportunity to interact heavily with various revenue-driven businesses, Technology and Legal teams, industry experts, and operational units across the firm.
CAREER DEVELOPMENT OPPORTUNITY
This role provides a fantastic opportunity to broaden product and market knowledge and to develop skills across a broad range of topics. This role also provides exposure to senior stakeholders, offering excellent opportunities for career development. The firm provides a range of development tools including Goldman Sachs University courses and a formal Feedback 360+ review process to enhance depth of knowledge and to equip individuals to progress in their careers.
DESIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
• Demonstrate interpersonal skills and an ability to develop relationships with stakeholders.
• Contribute at team meetings, ask questions and actively listen to grasp information.
• Understand when to post and share information appropriately to managers.
Functional & Technical Expertise
• Navigate systems to perform day-to-day tasks and build technical expertise to resolve issues.
• Exhibit ability to multi-task and prioritize to deliver accurate and timely work in a time pressured environment that responds to market updates changes in real-time.
• Possess superior organization skills with regards to project and day-to-day work.
• Invest time in learning about the many markets and products across the globe that are supported by Asset Servicing.
• Clearly articulate business issues and propose practical solutions.
• Contribute to the execution of the team and organization’s strategy.
• Proven track record of taking initiative and implementing innovative solutions.
• Develop good working knowledge of available technology capabilities and how and where to deploy them.
• Identify client needs and appropriately manage client and business partner expectations in a timely manner.
• Work to understand the foundations of great client experience and leverage available internal tools.
• Establish, cultivate and leverage relationships to identify and execute on process enhancements.
• Pay strong attention to detail and develop awareness of reputational risk and accountability.
• Articulate operational and risk impacts related to a specific task or procedure.
• Apply root cause analysis to identify opportunities for process improvements.
Management, Leadership & Culture
• Play an active role in GS citizenship activities and seek leadership opportunities where possible.
• Respond to and action ongoing feedback on a timely basis.
• Take accountability for actions as part of the function.
• Maintain awareness of and act in accordance with team goals and firm policies.
• Sees the big picture and keeps current with emerging business, economic and market news.
• Understands the broker dealer environment and the key associated market risks.
• Works towards challenging goals and persists in the face of obstacles.
• Strong team player who is flexible and seeks to help other team members.
• Prior experience with Asset Servicing in a global market or another securities-related function.
• Logical and proactive thinker with a reputation of great judgment.
• Ability to work within a high-risk environment and meet challenging deadlines and targets.
• Desire to understand the front-to-back of the function and how the role impacts the bigger picture.
Goldman Sachs is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate in employment on the basis of age, race, colour, gender, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other basis that is prohibited by applicable law.
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2018. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.