Are you looking to apply your quantitative skills while deepening your understanding of derivative products? The Derivative Operations team investigates internal and external exceptions with the aim to provide transparency into reporting timeliness, accuracy, and completeness while also monitoring daily regulatory reporting performance for the firm's global derivative trading activities. Our team is seeking a professional who is looking to collaborate with stakeholders across the Firm to pursue reconciliations and improve the Firm’s compliance rates across multiple jurisdictions.
Operations is a dynamic, multi-faceted division that partners with all parts of the firm to deliver banking, sales and trading and asset management capabilities to clients around the world. In addition, Operations provides essential risk management and control to preserve and enhance the firm’s assets and its reputation. For every trade agreed, every new product launched or market entered, every transaction completed, it is Operations that develops the processes and controls that makes business flow.
As a member of the Derivatives Regulatory Operations team, you will be primarily responsible for partnering with the business and IT to ensure that trade, transaction and position reporting to various exchanges and industry related self-regulatory organizations is complete and accurate.
You will accomplish this by performing reconciliations and managing our exception management process across reporting jurisdictions and/ or business analyst work including re-engineering, implementing control/risk management improvements.
The role involves building strong internal relationships with key contacts within the technology, compliance, legal and other operations teams. The ability to manage multiple deliverables, prioritize, meet deadlines and communicate to all levels of the organization is critical to this role.
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
• Interface with management on key risks impacting the Firm’s derivatives reporting
• Advise on regulatory risk and requirements to facilitate commercial activity
• Analysis of internal client and external regulatory inquiries related to trade, transaction or position data
• Analyze distributed workflow front to back to identify the root cause of reporting inconsistencies and/ or errors
• Conduct deep dive reviews into existing reporting rules and associated infrastructure
• Write functional specifications for technology changes to reporting processes
• Coordinate remediation efforts for reporting anomalies
• Coordinate the testing and implementation of rule changes that impact reporting processes
• Identify key areas of risk in the reporting process and influence the development of the requisite controls
• Produce and/ or validate for accuracy daily, weekly and/or monthly regulatory reports
• Timely investigation and resolution of exceptions associated with reconciliation breaks and DTCC responses
• Analyze, suggest and execute process improvements
• Coordinate controls and sign-offs both internally and externally
• Bachelor’s degree with a minimum of three years of experience in financial services.
• Proven analytical skills, problem solving ability, and a control mentality paired with meticulous attention to detail.
• Aptitude for building relationships and ability to communicate complex issues to a wide array of internal clients with differing levels of product experience.
• Self-motivated and proactive team player, who takes ownership and accountability of projects, has strong organizational skills as well as the ability to effectively manage competing priorities.
• Flexible and able to work well under pressure in a team environment.
• Attention to Detail.
• Excellent Verbal and Written Communication Skills.
• Ability to Manage multiple deliverables and prioritize accordingly to meet completing deadlines.
• Sound understanding of Risk – operational, reputational.
• Basic understanding of regulatory landscape.
|The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.|
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2018. All rights reserved
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.