What We Do
At Goldman Sachs, our Engineers don’t just make things – we make things possible. Change the world by connecting people and capital with ideas. Solve the most challenging and pressing engineering problems for our clients. Join our engineering teams that build massively scalable software and systems, architect low latency infrastructure solutions, proactively guard against cyber threats, and leverage machine learning alongside financial engineering to continuously turn data into action. Create new businesses, transform finance, and explore a world of opportunity at the speed of markets.
Engineering, which is comprised of our Technology Division and global strategists groups, is at the critical center of our business, and our dynamic environment requires innovative strategic thinking and immediate, real solutions. Want to push the limit of digital possibilities? Start here.
Who We Look For
Goldman Sachs Engineers are innovators and problem-solvers, building solutions in risk management, big data, mobile and more. We look for creative collaborators who evolve, adapt to change and thrive in a fast-paced global environment.
Consumer and Commercial Banking (CCBD) Consumer and Commercial Banking brings innovative solutions to traditional banking activities. We are a global team of lenders, investors, risk managers, skilled marketers, web experts and banking specialists. We provide a suite of solutions to help our customers meet their personal financial goals. We make direct investments in, and risk manage, a portfolio of corporate loans and securities. And we help transform distressed communities through investments and loans of private capital. The Chief of Staff and Strategy team is responsible for and accountable to both subdivision for: • Managing business planning, finance, people and communication strategies • Driving strategic initiatives while providing leverage to the leadership team. • Enforcing budget and financial management • Creating metrics and reports to track the health of the subdivisions and the progress of key initiatives • Executing against the communication plans, effectively cascading of key messages and creating appropriate touch points. • Measuring impact and identify the gaps within the organization. • Assisting Technology Divisional Management with executing and tracking against Division-wide and firm wide efforts (e.g. compliance, risk, regulatory, training mandates) • Interfacing between business units to ensure alignment of strategies and initiatives RESPONSIBILITIES The role is dynamic and flexible in nature, adaptability and agility are required in order to best meet the changing priorities of the sub-divisions and the team. Typical responsibilities could include: • Collaboration on Sub-Divisional and Divisional strategies and business planning. • Communication and event planning and execution (e.g. Townhalls agenda management and logistics, presentation authoring, change communications, internal and external event preparation) • Financial analysis and resource management, including economic architecture • Planning, prioritization and budgeting of the change agenda.
• Support senior management initiatives across the division
• Work on both short term, ad hoc requests as well as longer term analyses and projects
• Map out processes and develop efficiencies and improvements
• Research content for presentations – leveraging a variety of tools such as interviews, meetings, internet, internal materials
• Role varies by initiative and may be project management related or acting as a business analyst/execution resource to management
• Work closely with firm wide and federations partners such as human capital management, compliance, Finance and others on a variety of efforts
• Organise, facilitate and ultimately lead Divisional committees
• Compile communications in line with communication strategy
• At least 3.5 years work experience in Operations/Finance or related field.
• At least 2 years of project or financial management experience
• Proficiency in Microsoft suite, particularly Excel and PPT.
• Broad knowledge of and interest in Financial Services, GS businesses and Technology
• Results-oriented and pro-active. Ability to handle multiple, time-sensitive projects while focusing on the quality of work delivered
• Highly proactive person who demonstrates initiative and ownership and can work with little direction on complicated, sensitive assignments
• Strong communications skills – listening, written, and verbal
• Strong presentation skills; able to put together commercial, creative presentations for management across a wide range of topics
• Strong organizational skills; ability to multi-task and work under pressure and prioritize
• Fast learner, ability to navigate the organization to get up to speed quickly on key topics
• Strong stakeholder/ relationship management, particularly with senior individuals
• Communication - Highly articulate with strong verbal and written communication skills.
• Leadership – Lead initiatives to completion, flexible and able to respond positively to change.
• Technical Skills - Strong analytical and problem solving skills, pays attention to detail and demonstrates appropriate financial/analytical skills. Consistently able to produce high quality documentation and ability to deliver while working under pressure to tight deadlines.
• Drive and Motivation - Organized and self- motivator with ability to work independently, multi-task and manage conflicting priorities
• Influencing Outcomes - Ability to coordinate and gain consensus across multiple groups (Operations, Business, Technology), in multiple regions, at various levels of seniority
• Teamwork - Strong team player, collaborates with others within and across teams.
• Client and Business Focus - Effectively handles difficult requests, builds trusting, long-term relationships
• Creativity/Innovation - Looks for new ways to improve current processes and develop creative solutions that are grounded in reality and have practical value.
• Functional Expertise - Keeps up-to-date with emerging business, economic, and market trends.
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
Â© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2018. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.