Operations is a dynamic, multi-faceted division that partners with all parts of the firm to provide banking, securities, and asset management services to clients around the world. In addition, Operations provides essential risk management and controls to preserve and enhance the firm's assets and its reputation. For every new product launched and every trade executed, it is Operations that develops and manages the processes and controls that enable business flow.
We’re looking for a professional individual who wants to apply their financial market knowledge and further develop their understanding in the fast-growing sector of regulatory reform. With the continued high rate of change in the regulatory reporting space, Regulatory Operations professionals have a mandate and platform to significantly impact their environment and the wider business.
Our team of critical thinkers partners with groups in all areas of the firm to perform financial analytics and reporting and data analytics and engineering. Our division also provides critical operations design and handles capital markets operations to ensure business flows smoothly across our global offices. From day one, team members play a vital role in upholding the three Operations principles of client focus, process innovation, and risk management.
We are a globally located team that exists to ensure that the firm fulfills a wide range of non-financial reporting obligations. The London team is responsible for reporting to external stakeholders in the EMEA region, including the reporting and monitoring of trade, transaction, position and takeover panel information across a wide range of traded financial products and business lines. The characteristics of the team have to marry the firm’s culture of teamwork and diligence with the nature of regulatory obligations: ever changing, with a need for precision and fast turnaround.
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
• Manage and deliver strategic projects to improve and broaden the regulatory reporting infrastructure.
• Perform analysis on the firm’s regulatory obligations to define the relevant reporting requirements and document into formal requirements for Technology.
• Own and develop testing and delivery plans, working closely with the production teams.
• Actively participate in the development of the strategic control framework for Regulatory Operations.
• Ensure effective partnership with the production teams to ensure effective handover of new processes and controls into the live environment.
• Drive forward solutions to remediate production issues.
• Participate in strategic initiatives across the global Regulatory Operations department.
• Partner with Front Office, Legal and Compliance to ensure adherence to the firm’s regulatory obligations.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE WE’RE LOOKING FOR
• Experience in an Operations Control Environment.
• Strong analytical skills with an ability to understand complex workflows.
• Proven ability to organise and prioritise own workload and drive results.
• Flexible, proactive and self-starting individual with high levels of ownership.
• Strong interpersonal skills together with the ability to influence others and make decisions.
• Experience with regulatory reporting.
• Working knowledge of trade lifecycle.
• Working knowledge of tradable financial products, e.g. securities, exchange traded derivatives, OTC derivatives.
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2018. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.