GLOBAL INVESTMENT RESEARCH
From macroeconomic forecasts to individual stock analysis, our team develops tools and insights to help shape investment strategies for clients and the firm. Our analysts work on client-focused research in the equity, fixed-income, currency, and commodities markets, mining big data that enters markets around the world each day to identify game-changing insights. You’ll be part of a team that is intellectually curious, creative, analytical, and passionate about performing market research.
Global Investment Research (GIR) division provides investment recommendations by generating fundamental research and analysis of economies, markets, industries and companies. GIR analysts help our clients achieve superior returns by seeking to develop creative, differentiated investment insights and ideas. Our clients include asset managers, hedge funds, mutual funds, and pension funds, among others.
The commodities economist will work within GIR’s Macro Research group as part of the Commodities team. The Macro Research group consists of country economists, commodity analysts and portfolio strategists. Commodity analysts cover energy research, metals, bulks, investor and corporate strategy, and provide forecasts for commodities prices, demand and supply.
SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITIES
- Data gathering, analyses and presentation
- Building and maintaining forecasting models
- Researching and writing reports including thematic pieces
- Communicating commodities views with sales, trading and clients
- PhD training in economics preferred
- At least 5 years relevant work experience
- Experience in commodities research working either within an investment bank or large commodities house providing market views, forecasts and recommendations or investment strategies
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2018. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.