What We Do
At Goldman Sachs, our Engineers don’t just make things – we make things possible. Change the world by connecting people and capital with ideas. Solve the most challenging and pressing engineering problems for our clients. Join our engineering teams that build massively scalable software and systems, architect low latency infrastructure solutions, proactively guard against cyber threats, and leverage machine learning alongside financial engineering to continuously turn data into action. Create new businesses, transform finance, and explore a world of opportunity at the speed of markets.
Engineering, which is comprised of our Technology Division and global strategists groups, is at the critical center of our business, and our dynamic environment requires innovative strategic thinking and immediate, real solutions. Want to push the limit of digital possibilities? Start here.
Who We Look For
Goldman Sachs Engineers are innovators and problem-solvers, building solutions in risk management, big data, mobile and more. We look for creative collaborators who evolve, adapt to change and thrive in a fast-paced global environment.
The SecDb Platform team is responsible for the engineering and management of a business critical pricing and risk calculation platform used by all the revenue generating and federation divisions. As a developer in the team, you will be responsible to partner with developers in strategies and business-aligned technology teams globally, to create solutions, develop new features or improve existing services to meet business requirements. Our team is actively looking into migrating services from the proprietary platform to modern solutions for scalable microservices architecture. You will have the opportunity to join a rapidly expanding team at the early stage and to make decisions that would affect the shape of the platform for the next 5-10 years, creating innovative technology solutions to support the evolving needs of the global business.
We are looking to grow our team with a motivated technologist who is:
- A self-learner, curious, inquisitive, always striving to improve one’s skill and knowledge.
- Passionate about new technologies, such as those related to the cloud.
- Not afraid to dig into 20-year old code to refactor and uplift it into the new century.
- Understands the importance of using common standards and protocols for integration with existing internal or external systems.
- Capable to collaborate and compromise with others to achieve a common goal.
- Focused on user experience and customer satisfaction.
- Unwilling to compromise on code quality, test coverage, or controls.
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
• An opportunity to work on the core of a strategically important system at GS, used by both revenue generating and federation divisions.
• Interact with platform users in strategies and business-aligned technology teams spread around the globe and across various timezones.
• Interact directly with the business and other tech teams to build innovative solutions to support the GS business.
• Considerable growth potential for highly motivated developers.
• Play a big part in design and implementation in a team oriented environment.
• Opportunity to acquire in-depth knowledge of financial derivatives pricing and trade modelling
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE WE ARE LOOKING FOR
• A bachelor, master, or PhD in a math or science degree.
• Solid understanding and algorithms and data structures.
• A strongly typed compiled language (e.g. Java/C++) for 3+ years.
• A dynamically typed language (e.g. Python) for 1+ years
• Experience in working with large software systems, distributed computing, and databases (SQL and NoSQL).
• Team player
• Motivation to learn about trading workflow and financial markets
• Experience in developing application using the AWS stack
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
Â© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2018. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.