Are you looking to play an integral role in the control frameworks for a Global Financial institution? Do you like to work creatively in a team to drive change, adapt to industry changes and progress? Are you able to apply good people skills alongside an analytical and calm approach to issues? If your answer is yes then our opening in Trading Control could be the role for you as we work cross-product to support the firm and drive change to meet the evolving risk and regulatory landscape.
Operations is a dynamic, multi-faceted division that partners with all parts of the firm to deliver banking, sales and trading and asset management capabilities to clients around the world. In addition, Operations provides essential risk management and control to preserve and enhance the firm’s assets and its reputation.
For every trade agreed, every new product launched or market entered, every transaction completed, it is Operations that develops the processes and controls that makes business flow.
The area Trading Control, within Operations that this role relates to plays an integral part in providing the control and risk framework for our trading and execution businesses. The team maintains the control framework on a daily basis, working across the organisation to resolve exceptions and manage issues effectively. The team also works very closely across the organisation to evolve our infrastructure in line with the changing needs of the firm’s clients and activity with a number of high profile projects currently in the works.
This role provides a great opportunity to play a key part in managing the risk to the firm while also adapting the infrastructure.
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
• Gaining a comprehensive understanding of the existing trade flows across the business lines and asset classes through interaction with Trading, Sales, Operations and Technology.
• Displaying attention to detail and high quality standards to ensure the team perform at a very high performance level
• Using people skills, develop the team to further individuals career paths, deliver great service and retain talent
• Challenging the status quo and use your inquisitive mind set to identify risks and improve the efficiency of team processes
• Manage relationships across the firm to ensure an inclusive and strategic approach to projects and challenges
• Taking responsibility for the correct execution and management of the functions, providing oversight and guidance to the team
• Taking a lead in key project deliveries for the team as we evolve to meet new business requirements.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE WE’RE LOOKING FOR
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent with a minimum of 8 years’ experience in financial services
• Technical experience in capital markets with proven process improvement and risk management
• Aptitude for building relationships, managing stake holders and communicating across business lines.
• Proficient in Microsoft Excel
• Experience in a middle office or reconciliation environment
• Quantitative educational background
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2017. All rights reserved
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.