Operations is a dynamic, multi-faceted division that partners with all parts of the firm to provide banking, securities, and asset management services to clients around the world. In addition, Operations provides essential risk management and controls to preserve and enhance the firm's assets and its reputation. For every new product launched and every trade executed, it is Operations that develops and manages the processes and controls that enable business flow.
Are you passionate about risk management, support operations for securities trading and working within a team that acts in partnership with a variety of groups (Middle offices, Settlements, Technology, Finance) across the firm globally to facilitate transactions executed by the Trading desks? We’re looking for a professional to join our team who wants to use their skills and ideas to help drive change within a demanding environment.
Securities division Operations (SDO) supports the Securities, Investment Management and Investment Banking Divisions of the firm. This group manages key relationships for the bank and infrastructure providers, on boarding of institutional and prime brokerage clients, and assists in the coordination of issuance of new financial products. Additional functions include settlement of trades, managing loans and borrow contracts, as well as handling a variety of asset servicing events.
JOB SUMMARY AND RESPONSBILITIES
• Risk Management – Manage the risk of multiple functions that span the life cycle of a trade (i.e. real-time through post settlement date functions)
• Strategy – Providing thought leadership to execute on and grow the control and quality management strategy; this includes:
• Realignment to new Sec Ops Org Structure – Realign functions from other teams within and outside of the Business unit
• Establish New Controls for Sec Ops – Partner with Technology to design, build and operate effective controls in a STP environment
• Redefine Roles within Organization – Provide control design expertise; responsible for the implementation of the control framework as part of new business/activities and migration to strategic architecture
• Create new Roles within Organization – Develop Business Intelligence capabilities that would identify risk derived from the correlation of quantitative and qualitative data
• Industry/Regulatory Change Management – Keep abreast of regulatory change and participate in industry forums
• Industrialization – Champion reengineering programs with the goal of increasing efficiencies globally
• Relationship Management – Foster relationships across multiple areas in the Firm including trading desks, operations, technology, legal and compliance departments and global groups
• BS/BA degree
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
• Strong verbal and written communication skills with the ability to influence a wide range of stakeholders
• Risk management focus
• Capability to prioritize and work under pressure in a fast-paced environment
• Highly organized individual with attention to detail and excellent follow-through skills
• Ability to balance tactical and strategic thinking
• Proactive, self-motivated individual with high levels of ownership, and driven to achieve
• Project management skills
• Experience with change management or process improvement a plus
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2018. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.