What We Do
At Goldman Sachs, our Engineers don’t just make things – we make things possible. Change the world by connecting people and capital with ideas. Solve the most challenging and pressing engineering problems for our clients. Join our engineering teams that build massively scalable software and systems, architect low latency infrastructure solutions, proactively guard against cyber threats, and leverage machine learning alongside financial engineering to continuously turn data into action. Create new businesses, transform finance, and explore a world of opportunity at the speed of markets.
Engineering, which is comprised of our Technology Division and global strategists groups, is at the critical center of our business, and our dynamic environment requires innovative strategic thinking and immediate, real solutions. Want to push the limit of digital possibilities? Start here.
Who We Look For
Goldman Sachs Engineers are innovators and problem-solvers, building solutions in risk management, big data, mobile and more. We look for creative collaborators who evolve, adapt to change and thrive in a fast-paced global environment.
The Operations Division is the engine room that powers Goldman Sachs, and Operations Technology is driving their industrialization through automation, digitization and orchestration
• Experience in development in Core Java, J2EE, Java Server Pages (JSP), Servlet, Spring, Struts
• Experience in relational database. IBM UDB preferred (additional Sybase experience a plus).
• Unix/Linux experience.
• Experience in development of financial application preferred.
• Experience with integrated unit testing tools/concepts is a plus.
• Strong technical analysis skills.
• Strong team player with good communication skills.
• Minimum 3-5 years of experience
• Exposure to C, C++, C#, ASP, ASP.NET a plus
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
• Simply put, but applying a wide range of skills and working with operations to digitize, optimize and ultimately automate their problem space. The Operations Division is the engine house of Goldman Sachs and the division’s success is epitomized by the automation and digitization eco system that has been evangelized and executed on through the Industrialization program. We use a data driven approach to identifying problems and suggesting solution and then delivering on them in an agile manner. Team members are expected to be technically strong and hands on , can build relationships with our stakeholders and can advocate a path to success. While we have a broad strategy around digitization we expect team members to be self starting and comfortable with their decision making progress. The should be comfortable with all aspects of SDLC – from design through to implementation and the creation of testable, robust offerings that intuitive to the end community
• There is a particular focus is performing data analytics, visualization of said data and provides recommendations for process improvement, organization restructure, adjacencies to take advantage of and talking points for the broader industrialization initiative. Powerful industry concepts such as LEAN, Six Sigma, Industrialization, Business Processing Modelling (BPM), Taxonomy governance and Big Data are employed to further execute the objectives of the program.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE WE ARE LOOKING FOR
• Strong communication skills
• Ability to work with a team
• Comfortable working in a global environment
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
Â© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2018. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.