Application Opening Date: 16 April 2018
Application Closing Date: 13 May 2018
At Goldman Sachs, our Engineers don’t just make things – we make things possible. Change the world by connecting people and capital with ideas. Solve the most challenging and pressing engineering problems for our clients. Join our engineering teams that build massively scalable software and systems, architect low latency infrastructure solutions, proactively guard against cyber threats, and leverage machine learning alongside financial engineering to continuously turn data into action. Create new businesses, transform finance, and explore a world of opportunity at the speed of markets.
Engineering, which is comprised of our Technology Division and global strategists groups, is at the critical centre of our business, and our dynamic environment requires innovative strategic thinking and immediate, real solutions. Want to push the limit of digital possibilities? Start here.
Goldman Sachs Engineers are innovators and problem-solvers, building solutions in risk management, big data, mobile and more. We look for creative collaborators who evolve, adapt to change and thrive in a fast-paced global environment.
HOW YOU WILL FULFIL YOUR POTENTIAL
- Working in the Audit team performing preliminary analytics in Audit/QSAT functions.
- Collaborating with a wide array of stakeholders, including developers (both within Platforms and from business unit-aligned groups across the division), external vendors, and end users.
- Working with a global team of engineers and developers.
- Having Involvement in engineering for the full product lifecycle: analysis, technical design, testing, release, support escalation
- Building partnerships with senior technology clients to understand business requirements, propose creative solutions and build maintainable systems
- Helping to guide the technology of the organization to be in-line with divisional strategy
- Writing technical specifications, working with several teams and manage technical dependencies and drive design meetings with various stakeholders for consensus
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCES WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- Strong academic record with Bachelor’s degree, equivalent or above in Computer Science, Technology or a related discipline required
- Hands-on development experience, working on multi-tiered, mission-critical, large scale frameworks and applications required
- Programming experience with Java and strong knowledge of SQL/relational databases required
- Familiarity with platforms, IDE, Linux/Unix environments required
- Experience with visualisations, adding new features and supported file types, log analysis, identifying and categorising issues required
- Must be self-motivated, with the ability to find creative solutions and move projects forward
- Strong analytical skill to perform technical and functional analysis
- Willingness and ability to quickly learn proprietary technologies required
- Ability to produce technical design documents
- Ability to interact with non-technical user groups
- Strong communication - written and verbal required
- Must be a team player
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2018. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.