Operations is a dynamic, multi-faceted division that partners with all parts of the firm to provide banking, securities, and asset management services to clients around the world. In addition, Operations provides essential risk management and controls to preserve and enhance the firm's assets and its reputation. For every new product launched and every trade executed, it is Operations that develops and manages the processes and controls that enable business flow.
We are looking for a professional individual who wants to apply their financial market knowledge and further develop their understanding of a growing sector of the financial markets at the heart of regulatory reform. With the continued high rate of change in the regulatory reporting space, Regulatory Operations professionals have the platform to significantly impact the Operations landscape and the wider business.
Our team of critical thinkers partners with groups in all areas of the firm to perform financial analytics and reporting and data analytics and engineering. Our division also provides critical operations design and handles capital markets operations to ensure business flows smoothly across our global offices. From day one, team members play a vital role in upholding the three Operations principles of client focus, process innovation, and risk management.
The Derivative Regulatory Operations group sits within Regulatory Operations and is responsible for ensuring Goldman Sachs is compliant to its non-financial reporting obligations and acts as the single point of contact for all regulatory related client engagements across Operations.
The role provides an excellent opportunity to work in a high-profile team and to contribute to Goldman Sachs and its clients demonstrating excellent leadership, commercial effectiveness and outstanding client service. It is a fantastic opportunity for someone who is motivated, ambitious and excited about contributing to our business as part of a team who are responsible for driving change within a demanding and complex environment.
JOB SUMMARY AND RESPONSBILITIES
• Partner with many other areas of the firm including the Front Office, Middle Office, Technology, Legal, Compliance, as well as interaction with external clients and regulators to support various reporting functions
• Respond to internal or external queries regarding regulatory obligations
• Perform and lead analysis on remediation and corrective actions working closely with production team, remediation BAs and technology teams
• Actively participate in the development in strategic initiatives across the reporting architecture for Goldman Sachs and its clients
• Pro-actively collaborate with the global organization
• Support team involvement in other GS activities outside of daily work
• Strong analytical skills with an ability to understand complex workflows
• Strong attention to detail
• Flexible, proactive and self-starting individual with high levels of ownership
• Proven ability to organize and prioritize own workload and drive results
• Strong interpersonal skills together with the ability to influence others and make decisions
• Able to work effectively within a global team
• Experience in an Operations Control Environment
• Experience with regulatory reporting
• Working knowledge of OTC & Listed derivative financial products including trade lifecycle
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2018. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.