Consisting of Corporate Services and Real Estate (CSRE) and the Office of Global Security (OGS), our teams drive productivity and enable the firm’s flow of business while ensuring its safety and security. CSRE acquires, develops and manages the firm’s global real estate portfolio and delivers innovative market development, document management and hospitality related services to internal partners in the firm. CSRE’s vision is to provide the world’s best workplace to the people of Goldman Sachs. OGS’s mission is to protect the firm's people, assets, and reputation and in doing so provides people protection, physical security, fire safety and crisis management. We look for achievement-oriented, creative individuals who perform at their best in a diverse team environment and are motivated by tangible results.
Are you technically advanced to virtualize an engineering problem by not being locally present but still being able to provide solutions? We are looking for a professional to join our regional Infrastructure Planning and Engineering team as well being part of the local Japan Facility Management team providing and supporting all strategic planning and project execution for Goldman Sachs in APAC and Japan based FM operation.
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
Corporate Services and Real Estate (CSRE) acquires, develops and manages the firm’s global real estate portfolio and delivers innovative and commercially managed market development, document management and hospitality related services.
The role requires an experienced professional who has a good commercial and technical experience in a role in the strategic planning and development of engineering requirements related to the development, design, construction and operations of corporate real estate portfolio in Asia with ability to work cross regions with global counter parts in Americas and EMEA on a regular basis to ensure consistency of practice. In partnership with members of the strategic workplace Planning, Capital Projects, Facilities Operations, Technology, Office of Global Security and other business groups and stakeholders, they must have the ability to create, lead and manage both strategic and tactical objectives of the division with keen ability to balance commercial, technical and other business goals.
Support and developing Engineering Guidelines
- support and be part of the development, the change management, the communication, and the governance of all engineering and infrastructure guidelines associated with the owner’s requirements related to design specifications, construction practices, testing and commissioning requirements, resiliency, power density, and other business needs that are incorporated into all corporate facilities across the global portfolio.
Managing Asset Improvement Plan (Infrastructure and Engineering)
- Lead strategic planning efforts associated with all infrastructure and engineering projects that form the basis of the annual Asset Investment Plan.
Managing Program Documentation and Approvals
- Create and develop infrastructure program requirements in close collaboration with facilities management, capital projects, technology and security teams.
Managing and be part of Infrastructure and Engineering Planning Handbook
- Develop and maintain system capacity dashboards and metrics for electrical and mechanical equipment, systems, technology rooms, branch circuits, etc. for corporate facilities and data centers.
Lead Engineering Due Diligence Efforts
- Lead efforts in due diligence and feasibility studies in assessing infrastructure requirements within the planning phase related to real estate transaction and leasing decisions, related to technical feasibility and options in technical assessments and other engineering matters.
Drive and be part of Innovation and Research & Development Opportunities
- Lead effort in sourcing input and identifying new emerging technologies and systems to drive innovation in our facilities and workplace, and allow analytical assessment of these technologies related to financial returns, qualitative improvement of workplace or engineering systems, or sustainable benefits.
- Build strong relationships with all contractors, consultants & external vendors, continually driving to provide commercial and innovative methods of operation across a wide range of projects (both financially and vocationally)
Be part of Strategic Environmental and Sustainability Strategies
- Support efforts related to strategic environmental reporting with divisional management and executive office. Review energy usage information provided by facilities management team to assess and verify accuracy of carbon emissions reporting, help develop carbon reduction strategies, and assist with technical details of various firm reporting such as Annual Report, CDP report, etc.
Stakeholder Engagement and Management
- Build strong relationships with key technical stakeholders including Technology and Office of Global Security, and represent the full engineering and infrastructure role including program development and approvals, design guidelines, due diligence, innovation, etc. Integrate innovation and smart building technologies and strategies into the works. Coordinate closely with the key stakeholders to ensure business resiliency, and long term strategies are fully understood and integrated into works.
Engineering Support and Consultation
- Act as engineering and technical expertise, and support any specific engineering related issues, as required, such as review of technical incidents and any proposed system modifications as well as review for inclusion into Design Guidelines with global team; such as review of engineering issues related to design, construction or commissioning process, and review of any major operational issues.
- Work closely and collaborate with Infrastructure and Engineering Planning regional teams in EMEA and Asia to align strategies, resources, best practices, standardization of product and procedures, and to impact projects in all regions through pilots, innovation, and other means.
- Ensure that the critical MEP infrastructure supporting business operations in Japan is operated and maintained to the highest standards of reliability and efficiency and in accordance with the firm’s global engineering policies and procedures.
- Coordinate with the Critical Systems team in Asia to identify opportunities to enhance reliability and minimize risk.
- Work closely with the IT department in Japan to support day-to-day change management activity and manage capacity in the firm’s data centers, technology spaces, and trading environments.
- Manage the onsite vendors in Japan providing facility management engineering operations services ensuring that all work is performed in accordance with the firm’s policies.
- Work closely with the building management office in Japan to ensure the base building infrastructure is maintained properly and any incident managed in a proactive and professional manner
- Ensure accurate and timely reporting of infrastructure capacity, data center utilization, and overall operational performance using the Firm’s standardized reporting processes.
- Primary responsibility for assessing and communicating potential for business impact to critical systems and environments resulting from external and internal events and ensure that appropriate resources and processes are utilized to mitigate risk of business interruption.
- Provide crisis management support to identify potential/immediate impacts, restore operational capabilities and institute required safeguards.