Operations is a dynamic, multi-faceted division that partners with all parts of the firm to provide banking, securities, and asset management services to clients around the world. In addition, Operations provides essential risk management and controls to preserve and enhance the firm's assets and its reputation. For every new product launched and every trade executed, it is Operations that develops and manages the processes and controls that enable business flow.
Do you have a deep subject matter expertise and a passion for risk management? We’re looking for a professional to join our Embedded Risk Management (ERM) team specifically focused on the risk within the Securities Division Operations (SDO) area, who can proactively hunt for and monitor risk across the business units they support.
Our team of critical thinkers partners with groups in all areas of the firm to perform financial analytics and reporting and data analytics and engineering. Our division also provides critical operations design and handles capital markets operations to ensure business flows smoothly across our global offices. From day one, team members play a vital role in upholding the three Operations principles of client focus, process innovation, and risk management.
The ERM employs the components of the Operations Risk Management Framework to continuously measure and assess levels of risk for existing/new processes within the Business Unit. In addition to being affiliated with specific product and/or functional areas, the ERM is bound together in the Operations Risk Management (ORM) organization in order to improve consistency of risk measure and assessment practices.
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
• Be proactive risk managers such as probing when incidents occur and assessing the risks the teams are running by truly embedding in the businesses. Conduct risk reviews on areas with particular concern and make recommendations/suggestions to socialise and close and risk and control gaps
• Challenge the status quo – challenge the risk and control framework to further enhance the control environment
• Partner with the business units to understand the residual risks that exist after issues are identified and resolved. Engaging with Technology and cross asset teams to achieve this
• Risk Analysis – work with the team and other regional/functional Operations groups to identify key risk metrics (e.g. via KRI’s) and highlighting areas of concerns, working with line managers on remediation efforts. Driving the agenda and conversations in risk meetings
• Risk & Control Self-Assessment (RCSA) – work with line managers in ensuring the RCSA risk and control templates reflect the current risk environment and also vet through RCSA issues raised to ensure proper remediation is in place
• Work closely with other risk managers in other locations to share key initiatives and best practices; better integrate with the wider global Operations Risk Management teams
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE WE ARE LOOKING FOR
This role requires an energetic self-starter that can liaise with various Operations and other Federation teams both regionally and globally. Solid experience and prudent knowledge in the Firm’s operational processing and control requirements are required together with strong interpersonal and analytical skills for this role
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet. © The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2015. All rights reserved.
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2018. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.