Application Opening Date: 18 May 2018
Application Closing Date: 15 June 2018
The Marquee team at Goldman Sachs is responsible for delivering digital products to our institutional client base. We design and build highly scalable web platforms that provide access to Goldman Sachs content, portfolio analytics, risk, and execution services. These tools help to transform and simplify client experiences while generating new revenue streams and business models for a leader in global financial markets. Marquee is a product driven team, composed of talented and passionate product managers, designers, and engineers working to change the expectation of institutional finance.
This is an opportunity to join our newly formed EMEA Marquee team and work closely with local clients and internal stakeholders to automate our Securities Division businesses in the region. Our team are responsible for reflecting EMEA client requirements and market structure in our global strategy, and delivering to this strategy.
HOW YOU WILL FULFIL YOUR POTENTIAL
As an engineer within Marquee, you will be working in a close knit team at the forefront of shaping our client's experience by creating new technology driven businesses to externalize our core analytics and data to both existing clients and entirely new markets. At times you will be asked to step into the trading floor environment and at others you will be called upon to guide the decisions of leadership. Wherever your interests fall, you will find your calling amidst our diverse mix of teams and functions.
Using leading open source technologies, we are scaling to a multitude of API calls which are used by clients across the globe. We are pursuing engineers across the stack who enjoy working in a client driven and agile environment; from those who are confident developing low latency, scalable and resilient solutions through individuals passionate in implementing responsive user interfaces.
You will also work on some of the most complex technical and design challenges in technology and finance, learn from the foremost experts in finance, technology, and math who are diverse in their academic, ethnic, and social backgrounds and benefit from ongoing training, development and mentoring to advance in your career.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCES WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- Strong academic record with Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Computer Science, Engineering or related technical discipline required
- Investment banking/financial services/digital industry experience required
- Software development/engineering experience required
- Programming experience with Java, C# required
- Experience of developing websites/web applications required
- Knowledge of trading technologies required
- Demonstrable involvement with process improvement initiatives required
- Excellent object oriented or functional analysis and design skills
- Project management experience with exposure to migration, platform development, user interface development, testing assignments required
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills required
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills required
- Must be comfortable multi-tasking, managing multiple stakeholders and working as part of a global team
- Ability to apply an entrepreneurial approach and passion to problem solving and product development
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2018. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.