In Internal Audit, we ensure that Goldman Sachs maintains effective controls by assessing the reliability of financial reports, monitoring the firm’s compliance with laws and regulations, and advising management on developing smart control solutions. Our group has unique insight on the financial industry and its products and operations. We’re looking for detail-oriented team players who have an interest in financial markets and want to gain insight into the firm’s operations and control processes.
BUSINESS UNIT OVERVIEW
The primary role of Internal Audit is to help protect the assets, reputation and sustainability of the organisation. Internal Audit independently assesses the firm's internal control structure. We provide assurance that financial reporting is reliable, that there is compliance with applicable laws and regulations and that the firm's operations are effectively controlled. We assist management in identifying risk and commercially managing risk by providing advice in developing control solutions and monitoring the implementation of management's control measures. IA assists the firm's Board of Directors Audit Committee in fulfilling its oversight responsibilities and regularly interacts with the external independent auditors. Internal Audit is organised into global teams of business and technology auditors:
- Securities - covers the Firm's Sales, Trading and Insurance businesses; including related supporting control functions such as Operations, Technology, Product Control and Divisional Compliance.
- Investment Banking - covers the firm's banking activities and Global Investment Research operations.
- Investment Management - covers the firm's Private Wealth Management, Asset Management and Merchant Banking businesses.
- Corporate - covers the firm's Risk Management, Finance, Corporate Governance, Legal, Compliance and Regulatory Reporting areas as well as Human Capital Management, Services and the Executive Office.
- Platform Engineering – covers the firm’s core technology infrastructure and software development lifecycle control groups
- Technology Risk & Cybersecurity – covers firm-wide technology risk, including information and cyber security, business resilience, governance and vendor technology risk management
For each assigned review you will report to an experienced project manager. You will be expected to:
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2018. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.