Operations is a dynamic, multi-faceted division that partners with all parts of the firm to provide banking, securities, and asset management services to clients around the world. In addition, Operations provides essential risk management and controls to preserve and enhance the firm's assets and its reputation. For every new product launched and every trade executed, it is Operations that develops and manages the processes and controls that enable business flow.
Are you looking to apply your strong project management and communication skills and facilitate the growth of an exciting business in an impactful manner? The Private Wealth Management Operations team is seeking a Middle Office Specialist with a keen interest in the financial markets to collaborate with the PWM Business, Legal, Compliance and other Operations teams to support our growing business.
Operations is a dynamic, multi-faceted division that partners with all parts of the firm to deliver banking, sales and trading and asset management capabilities to clients around the world. In addition, Operations provides essential risk management and control to preserve and enhance the firm’s assets and its reputation. For every trade agreed, every new product launched or market entered, every transaction completed, it is Operations that develops the processes and controls that makes business flow.
Asia Execution Services team is a fast paced risk management team who provides support to both the Business and the PWM Market Solutions Group. The team is responsible in supporting trade execution, allocation, and settlement across a wide variety of asset classes within Private Wealth Management (PWM). Beyond daily processes, the team also assists the Global Operations division to roll out key system builds and enhancements, and drive multiple business agendas in the Asia region via engagement with key stakeholders across the PWM business and firmwide federation teams.
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
• Gain a comprehensive understanding of the Private Wealth Management (PWM) through growing your network across global and regional Operations, Business, Technology, Compliance and Legal teams.
• Demonstrate your attention to details by identifying and mitigating risks in your daily processes as well as various project work
• Engage extensively with the PWM business and the Global Operations organization to ensure business requirements are incorporated effectively into global infrastructural enhancements and business initiatives
• Showcase strong control and risk management awareness by proactively identifying risks and initiating controls within Operations processes that impact PWM clients
• Ensure systems and processes engaged by the PWM Operations teams are compliant with industry regulations and firm policies
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE WE ARE LOOKING FOR
• Bachelor’s degree with minimum 5 years of work experience in the banking operations industry with experience in Middle Office functions as well as project management and coordination
• Highly refined communication skills and the ability to engage effectively with stakeholders across all seniorities both globally and regionally
• Self-motivated and proactive team player who takes ownership and accountability for his/her work
• Excellent organizational skills with strong attention to detail
• Strong analytical skills and interest in developing problem-solving capabilities
• Proven ability to effectively manage competing priorities and able to work well under pressure in a team environment
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2018. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.