What We Do
At Goldman Sachs, our Engineers don’t just make things – we make things possible. Change the world by connecting people and capital with ideas. Solve the most challenging and pressing engineering problems for our clients. Join our engineering teams that build massively scalable software and systems, architect low latency infrastructure solutions, proactively guard against cyber threats, and leverage machine learning alongside financial engineering to continuously turn data into action. Create new businesses, transform finance, and explore a world of opportunity at the speed of markets.
Engineering, which is comprised of our Technology Division and global strategists groups, is at the critical center of our business, and our dynamic environment requires innovative strategic thinking and immediate, real solutions. Want to push the limit of digital possibilities? Start here.
Who We Look For
Goldman Sachs Engineers are innovators and problem-solvers, building solutions in risk management, big data, mobile and more. We look for creative collaborators who evolve, adapt to change and thrive in a fast-paced global environment.
The Operations Division is the engine room that powers Goldman Sachs, and Operations Technology is driving their industrialization through automation, digitization and orchestration
The Derivative Data Engineering team develops and enhances critical components of the post-execution derivatives trade processing platform. We undertake a key role in the architecture of the derivatives platform, and our success contributes directly to the efficient functioning of the firm's trading and sales operations on a day-to-day basis.
The team are responsible for the development of a model driven, highly scalable, high performance, data storage and distribution framework. This provides low latency access for online processing, and leverages big data technologies for analytic processing.
The team is passionate about solving complex technical problems, delivering innovative, resilient and performant systems.
As a member of our team you will work closely with business and technical colleagues locally, and in London, New York and Bengaluru, to solve challenging technical problems, and deliver cutting-edge technical solutions to meet evolving business demands. Effective problem-solving, consensus building, and a highly-developed analytical and technical skill set are essential to your success.
We run an Agile (Scrum) team with iterative feedback loops with our clients and continual improvement of the team’s processes. We are looking for talented engineers who have a thirst for learning and are passionate about building innovative solutions.
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
• Participate in the full software development lifecycle for systems written with Java, SQL, RESTful web services, JMS messaging, Search and Big Data solutions.
• Design, develop, test and deliver highly performant and resilient client and server-side systems in an agile, and fast-moving environment.
• Form strong client relationships with business, and other technology groups.
• Through continuous learning, continue to contribute new ideas and opinions to the group.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE WE ARE LOOKING FOR
• Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science or a related field
• 3+ years commercial software development experience with Java, ideally Java 8.
• Experience of an enterprise DBMS (ideally Sybase or DB2)
• Excellent communication skills
• Ability to multi-task and prioritise work effectively
• Motivated to deliver outstanding technology solutions in a dynamic business environment
• Strong sense of ownership and driven to manage tasks to completion
• Knowledge of open source frameworks (Spring, Spark)
• Experience with ElasticSearch and Kibana
• Experience with technologies in the Hadoop stack
• Experience of messaging systems such as Tibco EMS or Apache Kafka
• Experience working in a financial services firm
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
Â© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2018. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.