What We Do
At Goldman Sachs, our Engineers don’t just make things – we make things possible. Change the world by connecting people and capital with ideas. Solve the most challenging and pressing engineering problems for our clients. Join our engineering teams that build massively scalable software and systems, architect low latency infrastructure solutions, proactively guard against cyber threats, and leverage machine learning alongside financial engineering to continuously turn data into action. Create new businesses, transform finance, and explore a world of opportunity at the speed of markets.
Engineering, which is comprised of our Technology Division and global strategists groups, is at the critical center of our business, and our dynamic environment requires innovative strategic thinking and immediate, real solutions. Want to push the limit of digital possibilities? Start here.
Who We Look For
Goldman Sachs Engineers are innovators and problem-solvers, building solutions in risk management, big data, mobile and more. We look for creative collaborators who evolve, adapt to change and thrive in a fast-paced global environment.
The Operations Division is the engine room that powers Goldman Sachs, and Operations Technology is driving their industrialization through automation, digitization and orchestration
The Post-Execution Derivative (PED) Technology team is aligned to the Securities Division, providing transaction services, trade processing and settlements capabilities for all OTC derivative, FX and Commodity trading globally at Goldman Sachs. The Derivative Trade Processing (DTP) team, within the PED Technology organization, is looking for software developers who can deliver technology solutions to enable new business activities, allow business growth by creating STP and scale, and satisfy regulatory obligations. You will be part of a team, working closely with other Technology teams, the Securities Division, Operations, Compliance and Legal to utilize technology to address challenging business needs.
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
• Changes in the finance industry are requiring derivative transaction processing to become more STP, which is driving a re-architecture of the current Post-Execution Derivative platform. The projects that you work on will enable to current architecture to evolve into a set of platforms, services and APIs that can be leveraged for multiple business needs. There is an ever-increasing demand for our software capabilities to achieve business growth, regulatory requirements, and organizational efficiency. This role will enable you to build technical depth and expertise, and you will be working closely with senior technical experts. You will also have the opportunity to gain an in depth understanding of the OTC derivative products life cycle.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE WE ARE LOOKING FOR
• 3-7 years experience with Java
• Experience with domain modeling, test-driven development
• Willingness to learn and apply new technical and functional skills
• Strong analysis and problem solving skills
• Knowledge of finance industry
• Experience with Java8
• Service-oriented architecture
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
Â© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2018. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.