What We Do
At Goldman Sachs, our Engineers don’t just make things – we make things possible. Change the world by connecting people and capital with ideas. Solve the most challenging and pressing engineering problems for our clients. Join our engineering teams that build massively scalable software and systems, architect low latency infrastructure solutions, proactively guard against cyber threats, and leverage machine learning alongside financial engineering to continuously turn data into action. Create new businesses, transform finance, and explore a world of opportunity at the speed of markets.
Engineering, which is comprised of our Technology Division and global strategists groups, is at the critical center of our business, and our dynamic environment requires innovative strategic thinking and immediate, real solutions. Want to push the limit of digital possibilities? Start here.
Who We Look For
Goldman Sachs Engineers are innovators and problem-solvers, building solutions in risk management, big data, mobile and more. We look for creative collaborators who evolve, adapt to change and thrive in a fast-paced global environment.
The Operations Division is the engine room that powers Goldman Sachs, and Operations Technology is driving their industrialization through automation, digitization and orchestration
The Chief of Staff Team is responsible for driving the execution of strategic priorities as defined by the regional Technology leadership team, divisional communications, Business Continuity Planning (BCP), regulatory interactions, and external outreach. The CoS team works hand in hand with the head of the division, Business Unit heads, and other senior leaders of Technology on strategic initiatives and special projects. Similar to management consulting, the group works on diverse projects based on the division’s priorities and:
- Manages a wide variety of initiatives for the senior leadership of the division
- Develops management presentations (both internal and external to Technology)
- Manages the divisional communications strategy
- Represents the regional division’s BCP initiatives
- Drives the external outreach strategy
- Support senior management initiatives across the region such as recruiting and talent management
- Role varies by initiative and may be project management related or acting as a business analyst/execution resource to management
- Work on both short term, ad hoc requests as well as longer term analyses and projects
- Map out processes and develop efficiencies and improvements
- Research and develop content for internal and external presentations – leveraging a variety of tools such as interviews, meetings, internet, internal materials
- Work closely with HCM, Executive Office, Compliance, Finance and others as needed to execute initiatives
- Write communications to employees from regional leadership
- Create communications highlighting the division’s products and services for regional management and other divisions in the firm (e.g., Federation highlights, management committee presentations)
- Assist in the logistics and marketing of external events, obtaining the necessary Compliance approvals
- Anticipates risks, understands the regulatory and compliance obligations for staff and coordinates manages contingency plans and procedures to prevent staff and business disruptions when incidents occur
The ideal candidate will:
- Demonstrate the ability to be accountable for a broad range of activities and demonstrate clear ability to take ownership by diving deeper where needed.
- Serve as a central point of communication, coordination and information flow for the regional technology leadership team to ensure consistency across numerous routine and ad hoc administrative tasks
- Facilitate leadership and regional technology forums and meetings, including planning and managing agendas as well as content and follow-ups
- Develop creative, compelling presentations and internal posts to articulate the technology strategy and other leadership messages
- Partner with Human Capital Management, Compliance, other business unit Chiefs of Staff, Technology Financial Services, and other Americas regional office tech leadership teams to ensure conformance with policies, procedures and tasks/actions required by managers and staff.
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
• Project Execution - satisfaction in knowing the projects you are managing add value to the organization
• Organizational Awareness - Resourceful and knows how to cultivate relationships. Ability to work with a variety of different stakeholders and cross-functional teams, from new joiners to senior leaders, globally
• Planning and Prioritization - Demonstrates an ability to set objectives and organize work appropriately to meet and exceed goals. Is also comfortable identifying and generating opportunities to drive additional value for the organization
• Talent Management - Partner with Human Capital Management as central point of contact for technology staff related initiatives, including recruiting, training and other career development initiatives
• Critical and Analytical Thinking - Ability to demonstrate sound judgement and exercise a thoughtful approach to decision making
• Risk Management - Anticipates risks, understands the regulatory and compliance obligations for staff and coordinates manages contingency plans and procedures to prevent staff and business disruptions when incidents occur
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE WE ARE LOOKING FOR
• Minimum 5 years of experience working in a financial services, and/or technology company
• Bachelor’s degree required
• Strong communications skills – listening, written, and verbal
• Strong MS Office skills (PowerPoint, Word, Excel)
• Exceptional attention to detail
• Ability to handle multiple, time-sensitive projects while focusing on the quality of work delivered
• Highly proactive person who demonstrates initiative and ownership and can work with little direction on complicated, sensitive assignments
• Strong presentation skills; able to put together commercial, creative presentations for management across a wide range of topics
• Fast learner, ability to navigate the organization to get up to speed quickly on key topics
• Strong stakeholder/ relationship management, particularly with senior individuals
• Experience working on a global team
• Broad knowledge of and interest in Financial Services, GS businesses and Technology
• Resourceful and proactive work approach
• Excellent quantitative and analytical skills
• Experience with organizational change
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
Â© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2018. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.