The Operations Division is the engine room that powers Goldman Sachs, and Operations Technology is driving their industrialization through automation, digitization and orchestration
ABOUT THE ROLE: Derivatives Trade Processing team is seeking talented developers at an exciting time in the evolution of the firm's Trade Processing strategy. As the organisation rethinks the way we source and distribute data, the regulatory reporting agenda is increasingly driving the design and the adoption of new architecture. This covers all aspects of data handling including sourcing, transformation, enrichment, transmission and storage. The successful candidate will:
ABOUT THE TEAM: Financial Regulators around the world continue to impose new regulatory obligations and evolve existing ones. In response, the firm continues to invest heavily in technology to meet these demands and protect the firm's reputation. Our team plays a critical role here, developing processes to extract complex data from trading systems in a timely manner. The team is responsible for: - Working with Operations to understand requirements - Modelling data - Sourcing data from trading systems - Transforming data using Slang/Java We operate out of New York, London and Bengaluru
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
• You will work on both new and existing regulatory reporting jurisdictions, and have the opportunity to work on strategic architecture
• Work on highly visible projects, which are essential for the firm's commercial and reputational success.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE WE ARE LOOKING FOR
• Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Mathematics or a related technical field
• 1-3 years programming in an object-oriented language such as C++, Java, C#
• Application development using relational or object oriented databases
• Strong problem solving and analytical skills
• Ability to perform complex debugging and root-cause analysis
• Close interaction with business users to understand and help shape requirements
• Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC) experience
• Clear and confident communication skills
• Slang/SecDB experience
• Banking IT experience - especially with OTC Derivative products
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2019. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.