What We Do
At Goldman Sachs, our Engineers don’t just make things – we make things possible. Change the world by connecting people and capital with ideas. Solve the most challenging and pressing engineering problems for our clients. Join our engineering teams that build massively scalable software and systems, architect low latency infrastructure solutions, proactively guard against cyber threats, and leverage machine learning alongside financial engineering to continuously turn data into action. Create new businesses, transform finance, and explore a world of opportunity at the speed of markets.
Engineering, which is comprised of our Technology Division and global strategists groups, is at the critical center of our business, and our dynamic environment requires innovative strategic thinking and immediate, real solutions. Want to push the limit of digital possibilities? Start here.
Who We Look For
Goldman Sachs Engineers are innovators and problem-solvers, building solutions in risk management, big data, mobile and more. We look for creative collaborators who evolve, adapt to change and thrive in a fast-paced global environment.
The Operations Division is the engine room that powers Goldman Sachs, and Operations Technology is driving their industrialization through automation, digitization and orchestration
What we do
Derivatives Clearing Technology is responsible for building and enhancing the systems and processes that powers Goldman Sachs’ derivatives clearing business. We connect GS and our clients to over 40 clearing venues across the world. Every future, option, interest rate swap or credit default swap that GS clears for ourselves or for our clients flows through our systems, which can be >1m day. Derivatives Clearing Technology is specifically focused on the swaps portion of the flow within the overall Prime Clearing Engineering team.
We have several applications that make this happen. Most of these need to efficiently process high throughput, have rich operational functionality and handle significant financial exposure. They include:
• Clearing venue connectivity
• Matching algorithms
• Trade booking and event processing flows
How will you succeed in the role?
Show your attention to detail and the best practices when designing, developing and testing code.
The complexity in derivatives products and the functional flows can be considerable. With the support of your team you'll build partnerships with our stakeholders across different operations, business, client services, engineering and external groups to implement effective and sometimes creative solutions.
You will move quickly to engineer solutions for constantly evolving business or client demands. Also, you will consider strategic initiatives for future business growth, demonstrate the ability to see the big picture and deliver innovative ideas for complex flows. Demonstrating the ability to do both of these is key to your role.
Our team is distributed globally (Bengaluru, London, New York, Singapore and Warsaw) it's a diverse set of skills, ideas and people. You will collaborate as part of this global team to forming strong relationships and implement solutions based on consensus.
Keep learning and growing your skills. Neither technology or our business stand still, you'll be expect to grow alongside the team and keep bringing something new to the table.
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
• The primary role of the candidate is to design, develop, and support one or more components of the distributed clearing platforms
• The candidate is expected to participate in the entire software development life cycle from definition of requirements through deployment
• Implement new systems using Goldman Sachs’ proprietary database and development platform
• The successful candidate will work closely with IT peers and business professionals to define behaviour, functionality and expected outcomes for the products under development
• Become an integral part of a global technology team working closely with colleagues and users in other regions
• Must be willing to work with proprietary technologies. No prior knowledge of proprietary technologies required.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE WE ARE LOOKING FOR
• 3-5+ years programming in an object-oriented language (strongly preferred) such as C++, Java, C#, and/or programming in one or more procedural languages such as C.
• 2+ years RDBMS experience (Sybase or UDB preferred - able to write and analyze complex queries with multi-table joins and aggregate functions)
• Experience with scripting languages such as Python, Perl, shell scripting.
• Experience leading small to medium-sized engineering or devops teams.
• Experience leading and delivering complex development projects.
• Experience interacting with end users and eliciting requirements.
• Experience working in a financial services firm
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
Â© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2019. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.