What We Do
At Goldman Sachs, our Engineers don’t just make things – we make things possible. Change the world by connecting people and capital with ideas. Solve the most challenging and pressing engineering problems for our clients. Join our engineering teams that build massively scalable software and systems, architect low latency infrastructure solutions, proactively guard against cyber threats, and leverage machine learning alongside financial engineering to continuously turn data into action. Create new businesses, transform finance, and explore a world of opportunity at the speed of markets.
Engineering, which is comprised of our Technology Division and global strategists groups, is at the critical center of our business, and our dynamic environment requires innovative strategic thinking and immediate, real solutions. Want to push the limit of digital possibilities? Start here.
Who We Look For
Goldman Sachs Engineers are innovators and problem-solvers, building solutions in risk management, big data, mobile and more. We look for creative collaborators who evolve, adapt to change and thrive in a fast-paced global environment.
The Business Intelligence Team is a central platform team at Goldman Sachs that aims to maximize the safe and efficient use of Business Intelligence capabilities. The team builds tools and provide services to: promote a consistent self-service SDLC across multiple BI tools and Business Units; centralize BI vendor licenses; build robust scalable client server infrastructure and support; consolidation of BI infrastructure management. You'll be a key member of the team that will develop tools that optimizes the use and operations of various BI tools including QlikView, Tableau, BusinessObjects, and ZoomData.
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
• As a DevOps software engineer, you will be a key contributor in solving and increasing the efficiency of managing multiple BI Vendor tools.
• The solutions we provide covers many technologies giving you a breadth of experience in both BI vendor tools and programming languages.
• We solve common platform problems across all Business Units and BI Tools engaging with all divisions across Goldman Sachs.
• The successful candidate will work with a global diverse team of engineers gaining deep knowledge and experience of many disciplines.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE WE ARE LOOKING FOR
• 4+ years’ experience in software engineering
• Proven record of producing robust and well-tested solutions
• A strong analytical and tenacious problem solving mind-set
• Good communications and collaboration skills with multiple geographically dispersed teams
• Knowledge of data architectures and data modelling
• Experience working in a global team
• Knowledge of Java, HTML, Java Scripting, and C#
• Some knowledge of BI Tools such as: QlikView, Tableau, BusinessObjects
• Working in a global diverse team
• Experience working in an Agile environment
• Familiarity of Business Intelligence domain
• Knowledge of robust infrastructure architectures
• A talent for identifying and pursuing efficiencies through automation
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
Â© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2019. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.