What We Do
At Goldman Sachs, our Engineers don’t just make things – we make things possible. Change the world by connecting people and capital with ideas. Solve the most challenging and pressing engineering problems for our clients. Join our engineering teams that build massively scalable software and systems, architect low latency infrastructure solutions, proactively guard against cyber threats, and leverage machine learning alongside financial engineering to continuously turn data into action. Create new businesses, transform finance, and explore a world of opportunity at the speed of markets.
Engineering, which is comprised of our Technology Division and global strategists groups, is at the critical center of our business, and our dynamic environment requires innovative strategic thinking and immediate, real solutions. Want to push the limit of digital possibilities? Start here.
Who We Look For
Goldman Sachs Engineers are innovators and problem-solvers, building solutions in risk management, big data, mobile and more. We look for creative collaborators who evolve, adapt to change and thrive in a fast-paced global environment.
In Finance & Risk Engineering, you’ll find an exciting confluence of computer science, finance and mathematics being used to solve for what our shareholders would like from us – a high return for the right risk taken.
ROI engineers work with multiple finance businesses to drive consistency, efficiency and reuse in the operational workflows towards procurement, expense management and reporting of the firm’s expenses.
SMART Engineering team provides front-to-back engineering solutions to identify and solve common problems across procurement, contracting, sourcing, travel expenses, vendor payments and vendor risk management. These solutions are used by the entire firm to manage non-compensation expenses and onboard vendors across GS businesses.
We are now embarking on a multi-year Firmwide initiative to build a new Procure-To-Payment and Travel-Expense solution using SAP Cloud products such as Concur, Ariba, Fieldglass and S4 HANA. This will involve integrating the cloud solution with the GS systems through a brand new Data Lake store.
GS Engineering, comprised of our Technology Division and global strategists groups, is at the critical center of our business, and our dynamic environment requires innovative strategic thinking and immediate, real solutions. Want to push the limit of digital possibilities? Start here.
Are you interested in learning about risk and finance or perhaps expanding what you know, while still staying close to your roots as a software engineer? As a software engineer in ROI Engineering you will help create new businesses, transform financial workflows and build intelligent reporting to drive commercial benefits to the firm. You will explore a world of opportunity at the speed of markets and will have the opportunity to impact one or more aspects of risk management and financial reporting, while working in small, nimble teams.
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
• Design and develop applications using Java/J2EE technologies
• Experience encompassing the full SDLC across a variety of architectural stacks
• Work on SOA platform and latest web technologies
• Perform business and functional analysis of applications
• Support application development among a team of people located globally
• Understand and articulate the functional and technical impact of any change
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE WE ARE LOOKING FOR
• An aptitude and interest in both technology and business
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Good understanding of Java/J2EE concepts
• Experience with Web technologies (e.g. Angular/Java script/Jquery), understanding of Web services and SOA architecture
• Experience with ORM frameworks (e.g. Hibernate/Mybatis)
• Knowledge of Database concepts and able to write basic to medium complex queries
• Good Analytical and Problem solving skills
• Highly motivated. Willing to take initiative and work independently
• Experience with continuous delivery and deployment
• Proficient at working with large and complex code bases
• Experience working on Cloud Integration initiatives (SAP Ariba/Concur/Fieldglass/S4/HANA) would be an added plus
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2019. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.