What We Do
At Goldman Sachs, our Engineers don’t just make things – we make things possible. Change the world by connecting people and capital with ideas. Solve the most challenging and pressing engineering problems for our clients. Join our engineering teams that build massively scalable software and systems, architect low latency infrastructure solutions, proactively guard against cyber threats, and leverage machine learning alongside financial engineering to continuously turn data into action. Create new businesses, transform finance, and explore a world of opportunity at the speed of markets.
Engineering, which is comprised of our Technology Division and global strategists groups, is at the critical center of our business, and our dynamic environment requires innovative strategic thinking and immediate, real solutions. Want to push the limit of digital possibilities? Start here.
Who We Look For
Goldman Sachs Engineers are innovators and problem-solvers, building solutions in risk management, big data, mobile and more. We look for creative collaborators who evolve, adapt to change and thrive in a fast-paced global environment.
BUSINESS UNIT OVERVIEW
Cloud Platforms is a global team that develops and manages the Linux & Windows computing platform at Goldman Sachs.
The cloud engineering team works closely with application developers & strategists to architect and deploy technology solutions at Goldman Sachs. The team currently supports an internal cloud platform, is developing solutions for deploying applications on public cloud offerings, and is releasing a next-generation compute platform.
The system engineer role is responsible for supporting specific business units' needs and maintaining core infrastructure systems. Specifically, this involves day-to-day responsibilities such as application and service troubleshooting, system configuration, host provisioning, performance testing and tuning, and hardware evaluation. You will also be responsible for writing code to automate tasks and implement infrastructure services. Lastly you delve into new technologies (docker, mesos, salt & more), understanding how each can be introduced to support the continued evolution of the compute platform.
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
• You will also be responsible for writing code to automate tasks and implement infrastructure services. Lastly you delve into new technologies (docker, mesos, salt & more), understanding how each can be introduced to support the continued evolution of the compute
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE WE ARE LOOKING FOR
• Bachelor's Degree (or equivalent or higher) in a Science or Engineering program
• Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, verbal and written
• Programming skills in one or more of the following languages: Python, Ruby, Perl, Bash
• Linux system administration skills
• Experience with a configuration management system, such as CFEngine, Salt, Chef, or Puppet
• Exposure to large-scale server deployments
• Experience with low-latency/high-performance environments
• Experience with high-availability systems
• Experience with internet/perimeter computing environments
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
Â© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2018. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.