What We Do
At Goldman Sachs, our Engineers don’t just make things – we make things possible. Change the world by connecting people and capital with ideas. Solve the most challenging and pressing engineering problems for our clients. Join our engineering teams that build massively scalable software and systems, architect low latency infrastructure solutions, proactively guard against cyber threats, and leverage machine learning alongside financial engineering to continuously turn data into action. Create new businesses, transform finance, and explore a world of opportunity at the speed of markets.
Engineering, which is comprised of our Technology Division and global strategists groups, is at the critical center of our business, and our dynamic environment requires innovative strategic thinking and immediate, real solutions. Want to push the limit of digital possibilities? Start here.
Who We Look For
Goldman Sachs Engineers are innovators and problem-solvers, building solutions in risk management, big data, mobile and more. We look for creative collaborators who evolve, adapt to change and thrive in a fast-paced global environment.
The team supports the Cloud Platform by providing a set of tools which provide for modeling, automation, and management of system configuration across the different virtualization platforms. The successful candidate will be working as part of a global team responsible for the consolidation of multiple configuration platforms to a single strategic configuration platform and the implementation of tools in support of configuring, maintaining, and monitoring the Dynamic Computing production environment. These proprietary applications consist of a number of components which touch a number of different technologies: • UCM- Java / Python / Mongo / DB2 / SALT • Edgecase - Python / Cassandra • Other Tools - Python / GS Web Toolkit / Bash
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
• The individual in this role would be responsible for the following functions
• Develop new services / functionality on the new, strategic configuration system using Python and Java.
• Enhance configuration automation functionality on existing applications leveraging Python and Java.
• Design and develop tools to automate the creation of system configuration.
• The role requires collaboration with the other technology teams, both from a development as well as a maintenance perspective.
• The candidate will work through the software development life cycle on a range of projects mentioned above using various technologies including Java, Python, Bash etc.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE WE ARE LOOKING FOR
• 5+ years relevant technical experience including as a developer having a successful track-record of delivering applications and exposure to the software development lifecycle
• A strong working knowledge of the Linux operating system.
• Experience in Python and / or Java
• Experience with DB2 and / or Mongo and / or Cassandra and database development.
• Object-oriented analysis and design skills. Ability to use these methods in understanding business requirements and build sound solutions.
• Experience in test driven development.
• Familiarity with open source configuration tools such as Salt, Chef, Puppet, or CF Engine.
• Using Agile methodolgies
• Automated testing
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
Â© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2018. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.