What We Do
At Goldman Sachs, our Engineers don’t just make things – we make things possible. Change the world by connecting people and capital with ideas. Solve the most challenging and pressing engineering problems for our clients. Join our engineering teams that build massively scalable software and systems, architect low latency infrastructure solutions, proactively guard against cyber threats, and leverage machine learning alongside financial engineering to continuously turn data into action. Create new businesses, transform finance, and explore a world of opportunity at the speed of markets.
Engineering, which is comprised of our Technology Division and global strategists groups, is at the critical center of our business, and our dynamic environment requires innovative strategic thinking and immediate, real solutions. Want to push the limit of digital possibilities? Start here.
Who We Look For
Goldman Sachs Engineers are innovators and problem-solvers, building solutions in risk management, big data, mobile and more. We look for creative collaborators who evolve, adapt to change and thrive in a fast-paced global environment. Prime Services is a technology intensive business that aims to provide our clients with all the tools and services to run their business. In Prime Services Technology we regularly consider new technology products available in the market or in the firm to meet our clients’ needs and high trading volumes. As a result, we are constantly expanding our platform to offer clients more products, creating opportunities for people in the group to gain experience in a variety of different technologies.
Client Services develops customized solutions that draw on GS’s professional expertise to act as a central point of contact interacting with legal, compliance, risk, operations and technology.
Client Technology provides a range of technology solutions that focus on delivering content to our hedge fund clients. We build everything from real-time portfolio management applications to post-trade operations, utilities, and portfolio accounting reports - all available through a world-class web portal.
Who We Are
The Goldman Sachs Group is a leading global financial services firm providing investment banking, securities, and investment management services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments, and high-net-worth individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in London, Frankfurt, Tokyo, Hong Kong and other major financial centres around the world. We are committed to growing our distinctive culture and holding to our core values which always place our client's interests first. These values are reflected in our Business Principles, which emphasise integrity, commitment to excellence, innovation and teamwork.
Business Unit Overview
The Prime Services group is within the Securities division and is a fast-paced technology-driven business area, with a long track record of sustained growth within Goldman Sachs and the industry. Prime Services is comprised of business units that provide, Prime Brokerage, Derivatives Clearing, Stock Loan, and Risk/Margin Financing services. RESPONSIBILITIES This is an external-client technology services and management role that provides technology solutions to our clients globally across all business lines within Prime Services. As the engineering arm of the broader client services ecosystem, responsibilities of the team include on-boarding new clients onto various Goldman Sachs platforms and partnering closely with sales and trading, client relationship managers, Operations, Strats, and other technology teams to provide continual technical services to existing clients in an ever-changing market.
This is a role within the Engineering division with a bias towards our clients and our business. An essential part of the role is to leverage a deep understanding of the Goldman Sachs’ technical flows in order to assist clients to gain the most out of our technology on an ongoing basis and to provide technology solutions as required.
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
• The candidate will own, solve, and support external client technical issues as they pertain to the Prime Services business units
• Bring a hands-on approach to systems integration, reporting, and development tasks while leveraging various engineering teams
• Manage all client technology related communications during operational incidents
• Liaise between the Sales team, Product Development, and Engineers by successfully blending technical and business knowledge skills
• Seek out work and be pro-active in every aspect of this role
• Bring an eagerness to be familiar with Goldman Sachs’ client base and seek out opportunities to better serve those clients
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE WE ARE LOOKING FOR
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills
• Strong time management and organizational skills
• Strong team player yet simultaneously able to work on independent initiatives
• Experience with data management and scripting technologies such as SQL, Perl, UNIX and working with reference data including picking up new languages and bespoke scripting tools
• Excellent project management skills
• Ability to balance commercial goals with good risk management
• Highly motivated with the ability to maintain momentum on many different work-streams simultaneously under pressure
• Japanese speaking skills is desirable
• Experience with the Financial Services Industry particularly within Prime Brokerage and Futures/OTC Clearing businesses
• Experience of Java and C++, Python, R
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
Â© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2018. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.