What We Do
At Goldman Sachs, our Engineers don’t just make things – we make things possible. Change the world by connecting people and capital with ideas. Solve the most challenging and pressing engineering problems for our clients. Join our engineering teams that build massively scalable software and systems, architect low latency infrastructure solutions, proactively guard against cyber threats, and leverage machine learning alongside financial engineering to continuously turn data into action. Create new businesses, transform finance, and explore a world of opportunity at the speed of markets.
Engineering, which is comprised of our Technology Division and global strategists groups, is at the critical center of our business, and our dynamic environment requires innovative strategic thinking and immediate, real solutions. Want to push the limit of digital possibilities? Start here.
Who We Look For
Goldman Sachs Engineers are innovators and problem-solvers, building solutions in risk management, big data, mobile and more. We look for creative collaborators who evolve, adapt to change and thrive in a fast-paced global environment.
Regional Specialist is a role which is unique to our regional offices and part of a broader strategy to cater to the high rate of new business activity and complexity of roles within these offices. Regional Specialist will be working on various initiatives such as market related regulation changes, vendor relationship management, business analysis, liaising with Application Development teams in hub offices for development and supporting mission control day-to-day. A background in application development or programming is not a prerequisite, though a diverse background and familiarity with the firm’s products and architecture will be helpful. Excellent written and oral communication skills, in both English and Korean is a must.
The Regional Specialist is a broad application development role. The role may include some or all of these responsibilities Vendor Relationship Management - Liaise with vendor, Exchange and Local Regulators, for regulatory and street wide changes - Point person of new vendor requests Business Analysis - Coordinate global releases that affect the region - Manage changes (Industry and Internal) - New business initiatives analysis and proposals - Business & desk relationship management Supporting and Coordination of Development - Point person for any new GS Applications - Liaise with App Dev teams for user or vendor driven changes Mission Control - Ensure all systems are up and running each day - Point of contact for the desk or Federation on day-to-day issues - Run incident management process, adhering to local regulations - Define & perform acceptance / performance testing - Provide input into technology deployment proposals
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
• Regional Specialist is a role which is unique to our regional offices and part of a broader strategy to cater to the high rate of new business activity and complexity of roles within these offices.
• Regional Specialist will be working on various initiatives such as market related regulation changes, vendor relationship management, business analysis, liaising with application development teams in hub offices for development and supporting mission control day-to-day. Work closely with other Federation teams like Operations, Compliance & Legal to manage the day-to-day business activities and cross divisional projects.
• The Regional Specialist is a broad application development role, which may include, vendor relationship management, business analysis, supporting and coordination of development, and Mission Control.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE WE ARE LOOKING FOR
• Minimum 5 years experience in Technology division
• English and Korean speaking is required
• Basic knowledge of investment products
• Experience in foreign financial firms in Korea is preferred
• Self-starter; strong analytical skills
• Strong problem solving skills & good communication skills
• Highly motivated to take on new project responsibilities
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
Â© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2018. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.