Operations is a dynamic, multi-faceted division that partners with all parts of the firm to provide banking, securities, and asset management services to clients around the world. In addition, Operations provides essential risk management and controls to preserve and enhance the firm's assets and its reputation. For every new product launched and every trade executed, it is Operations that develops and manages the processes and controls that enable business flow.
We are looking for a professional who wants to use their skills and experience to help deliver on operations agenda while challenging themselves to further their career at Goldman Sachs.
Operations span all product lines and markets, serving as internal business partners who develop the processes and controls, and help to specify the systems that deliver accuracy, timeliness and integrity to our business. Within Operations, Operations Risk Management is a key global team working closely with the Operations teams to provide transparency around key risks, assess appropriateness of risk mitigation strategies and set the appropriate divisional frameworks to manage risk.
BUSINESS UNIT OVERVIEW
Divisional Risk Management [DRM] is a global team within Operations Risk Management based in NY, London, SLC, Bgl and HK. DRM provides a service that focusses on the risk data strategy and tooling as well as providing key frameworks and cross operations services around Risk & Controls Self-Assessment, Risk Reviews & Control Testing and Assurance, Vendor, Crisis Management and Divisional Regulatory Response.
The Controls Testing & Assurance [CTAG] group is a sub-group of DRM, focuses on performing risk reviews on various teams within Operations. RMT performs many different types of reviews such as Process Deep Dive Reviews, Quality Spot Checks, Discovery reviews and Thematic Risk Reviews. CTAG works in partnership with other teams in ORM and Operations to conduct these reviews. CTAG is a very senior team comprising of seasoned Operations & auditing professionals who perform risk reviews across different parts of Operations influencing & initiating change and improvement in the overall risk and control environment and underlying processes. Other key responsibilities within DRM include coordinating key risk framework forums such as the Operations Risk Committee and RCSA Assessment meetings with senior Operations leadership, leading cross divisional risk projects within Operations and the Divisional Regulatory Response which is a team focusing on responding to requests from regulators and regulatory exams.
JOB SUMMARY AND RESPONSBILITIES
We are looking for an experienced professional to work within the CTAG team working closely with the broader DRM and ORM teams. Responsibilities include the following:
• Conduct detailed risk reviews on various areas of operational risk, evaluating the strength of controls and identifying any unmitigated risks. Put forward tactical and strategic remediation solutions to mitigate the risks and enhance the control framework
• Conduct risk discovery reviews to ensure risks, especially those with the potential for broad applicability across the division, are effectively remediated through the use of a common set of controls and solutions.
• Conduct Risk Mitigation Spot Checks on various aspects of the Risk Framework in order to ensure that these have been adequately implemented and monitored
• Quality Assurance – contribute to Quality Assurance activities as needed to assist in detailed controls testing of key controls
• Contribute to overall strategy and identify areas of focus/review pipeline for the CTAG team
• Work closely with the respective product aligned Embedded Risk managers and DRM teams in other locations to share key initiatives and best practices; better integrate with the wider global ORM teams
• Increase the awareness on risk management and strengthen the control mindsets of the Operations teams in the region
• Coordinate, develop and participate in cross divisional risk training initiatives to raise awareness of the risk framework as well as develop the risk management skills of all Operations professionals.
• Experience preferred with performing risk review and familiarity with auditing & review standards, Operations processes.
• Knowledge around different aspects of risk reviews such as data analytics, quality assurance frameworks, review frameworks and methodologies
• An energetic self-starter that can liaise with various Operations & other Federation teams both regionally and globally.
• Experience and knowledge in the Firm’s operational processing and control requirements
• Strong interpersonal, communication and analytical skills for this role.
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2018. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.