What We Do
At Goldman Sachs, our Engineers don’t just make things – we make things possible. Change the world by connecting people and capital with ideas. Solve the most challenging and pressing engineering problems for our clients. Join our engineering teams that build massively scalable software and systems, architect low latency infrastructure solutions, proactively guard against cyber threats, and leverage machine learning alongside financial engineering to continuously turn data into action. Create new businesses, transform finance, and explore a world of opportunity at the speed of markets.
Engineering, which is comprised of our Technology Division and global strategists groups, is at the critical center of our business, and our dynamic environment requires innovative strategic thinking and immediate, real solutions. Want to push the limit of digital possibilities? Start here.
Who We Look For
Goldman Sachs Engineers are innovators and problem-solvers, building solutions in risk management, big data, mobile and more. We look for creative collaborators who evolve, adapt to change and thrive in a fast-paced global environment.
FOUNDATIONAL TECHNOLOGY GROUP develops common solutions for managing our infrastructure including enterprise monitoring, alerting, system configuration management, provisioning and service management to reduce risk and operating costs within our
Enterprise Technology Operations (ETO) is a Technology Business Unit focused on running scalable production management services with a mandate of operational excellence and operational risk reduction that is achieved through large scale automation, best-in-class engineering and by leveraging data sciences and machine learning. ETO’s Engineering team apply software engineering to production management services including availability, latency, performance, efficiency, service management, capacity planning & monitoring. ETO Engineers drive automation by building and adopting tools and practices that enable standardization of Technology’s runtime environment.
ETO Engineering team uses big data processing, machine learning, real-time streaming analytics and simplified visualization/interaction to give computer systems the ability to learn and automate many of the tasks that humans would normally perform manually to run the bank’s systems. This is achieved through sophisticated engineering; autonomics and machine learning that statistically and inductively help understand the behaviour of these complex systems.
An individual in this role is responsible for design, development, deployment and support of products and platforms that leverage JAVA based technologies and enable large scale event processing in engineering products in ETO. The individual will engage in full-stack development that may be required to achieve the desired outcomes.
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
• Design component as well as integration architecture for large scale web applications
• Develop, test and support features for globally deployed web apps
• Follow best practices throughout the project lifecycle
• Participate in team-wide design and code reviews
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE WE ARE LOOKING FOR
• Bachelor's Degree (or equivalent or higher) in Computer Science, Information Technology, Electronics and Communication. Overall 4 – 8 years of experience with a minimum of 2 years in developing Java-based applications
• Minimum 2 years of Core Java Programming with Collections Framework, Concurrent Programming, Multi-threading
• Testing frameworks (Eg:Junit)
• Unix/Linux experience
• Strong communication skills with a track record of working and collaborating with global teams
• Must possess the ability to handle multiple on-going assignments and be able to work independently in addition to contributing as part of a highly collaborative and globally dispersed team
• Strong analytical skills with the ability to break down and communicate complex issues, ideas and solutions
• Thorough knowledge and experience in all phases of SDLC
• Working knowledge of using various SDLC tools such as Gradle, Maven, SVN, JIRA, etc
• Experience with using Spring framework to build Enterprise Java-based applications
• Working knowledge of enterprise database systems (Sybase or DB2)
• Experience with NoSQL databases, such as MongoDB, ElasticSearch
• Experience with various messaging systems, such as TIBCO EMS, Kafka or RabbitMQ
• Experience with Caching solutions like Hazelcast or other equivalent solutions
• Experience with building stream-processing systems, using Spark-Streaming
• Knowledge and experience in building conversational user interfaces enabled by AI
• Programming in Perl, Python or UNIX Shell script.
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2019. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.