Application Opening Date: 08 October 2018
Application Closing Date: 04 November 2018
As an Investment Accounting Controller you will take complete ownership of the financial reporting and oversight of legal entities investing in a wide range of real estate assets. You will develop an in-depth understanding of these entities, including their investments, business strategies, and associated technical and management accounting requirements.
We're looking for a bright, driven professional to join our Investment Accounting team, who is keen to use and develop their technical accounting skills to provide high quality reporting and analysis of our real estate investments in a challenging and varied environment
We're a team of specialists charged with managing the firm’s liquidity, capital and risk, and providing the overall financial control and reporting functions. Whether assessing the creditworthiness of the firm’s counterparties, monitoring market risks associated with trading activities, or offering analytical and regulatory compliance support, our work contributes directly to the firm’s success. The division is ideal for collaborative individuals who have strong ethics and attention to detail
Controllers are a diverse team of specialists charged with ensuring the firm meets the financial control and reporting obligations of a global, regulated and public financial institution. Investment Accounting Controllers partner closely with the firm's Realty Management Division (RMD) and specialize in providing high-quality accounting guidance for all entities investing in real estate across Europe.
Whether Investment Accounting are ensuring the integrity of our entities' financial information, facilitating RMD's management reporting and business models, or offering analytical support, our work will contribute directly to the firm's success.
As contact with virtually every part of the firm is essential to Controllers, professionals in the department have the opportunity to experience Goldman Sachs businesses, products and sophisticated information technology systems on a daily basis. If you are keen to develop an in-depth understanding of financial services, Controllers is a great place to further your career.
HOW YOU WILL FULFIL YOUR POTENTIAL
- Preparation, analysis, review and presentation of monthly, quarterly and annual financial reporting to senior management, directors, and other key stakeholders under US/UK GAAP
- Preparation and analysis of financial statements, including resolving complex technical accounting issues and disclosure requirements, and liaising with external auditors (predominately under UK GAAP)
- Review and control of monthly and annual local GAAP financial reporting prepared by our external accounting partners across Europe
- Manage the takedown of new investments and develop processes with external partners to ensure timely receipt of accurate accounting and management reporting information
- Provide oversight of our external accounting partners to assure adherence with local obligations such as tax, regulatory and statutory audits
- Take full ownership and become the subject matter expert for entire legal entities
- Understanding the business and strategy of your entities, keeping up-to-date with business and market developments and communicating this effectively to key stakeholders
- Coordination with multiple teams across the firm - and across the globe - including Realty Management Division, Merchant Banking Division, Legal, Compliance, Tax, Operations, Technology and Investment Accounting teams in Asia and US, in a collaborative and problem-solving capacity
- Proactively seeking opportunities to improve our workflows, technology, and integrity of reporting information
- Involvement in a broad range of cross-divisional projects and initiatives
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCES WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- Strong academic record with Bachelor’s degree, equivalent or above in Accounting, Finance or a related discipline required
- Prior experience gained from working within investment banking/financial services/professional services industries required
- Strong familiarity with internal controls, internal audits, investment processes, legal requirements and regulatory compliance required
- Experience in preparation/review of audited financial statements and consolidated financial statement required
- Exposure to loan portfolio valuation, data analytics, pricing, financial modelling, conducting due diligence and negotiations required
- Experience in reporting, audit process design and implementation
- Knowledge of US/UK GAAP or IFRS required
- A track record of improving processes and adding value to clients/stakeholders
- Proficiency in MS office package required
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written) required
- Must be a collaborative team player
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2018. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.