Realty Management Division Technology (RMD Tech) is seeking a developer to support the Realty Management Division's Real Estate and Loans platforms. The successful candidate will join a team responsible for maintenance, support and enhancements of both proprietary and commercial software applications.
RMD Tech supports federation technology functions (loan and real Estate asset management and servicing) for the following Investing and Lending businesses - SSG, MBD, Mortgages, PWM, GSB and GSAM. The lending business accounts for ~25% of the firm's PnL - 40% of the 5B additional projected revenue of the firm is expected from Investing and Lending businesses.
This is an exciting and key time to be joining a technology team whose RMD clients provide a critical function for the EMEA Special Situations Group, the Merchant Banking Division and Mortgage business, all of whom are very active in the Real Estate / Loans space.
RMD Tech is focused on re-engineering legacy Loans and Real Estate systems to support exponential growth in Investing and Lending business. The new system is expected to be built over the next three years using new Technologies like - DASH, Java, Spark, Mongo, KAFKA with pipes into data lake. We are looking to hire strong Engineers who can help us built a platform that can support 5MM loans and Real Estate assets.
As a member of the RMD Tech, the applicant must be flexible in adapting to changing business priorities and comfortable filling a variety of roles and responsibilities.
Two of the key goals spanning 2017/2018 are to help decommission legacy Archon applications by implementing strategic firm recommended DASH and SecDB applications and to migrate the firm's Real Estate positions into SecDB, the firm's primary Risk Management system.
The Candidate will collaborate as a member of a global cross functional team to address various business’s needs, provide technical support and would be responsible for diagnosing and resolving application issues to ensure optimal performance and usability for the various system.
In Asia, RMD tech support the ASSG desk. The candidate is expected to work closely with the RMD/SSG business in Asia to solve day to day business problems by leveraging Technology. Implement innovative solutions for the RMD/SSG business that will help business work more efficiently.
This role offers an unique combination of being close to a Front Office trading function, as well getting the opportunity to be part of a green-field build in one of the key revenue growth areas for the firm.
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
• Developer will be a part of global team that will build a Scalable loans platform
• Responsible for design and development of applications of including writing code, testing, creating system and unit tests, and bringing technical depth and creativity to projects
• Monitors the production environment and responds to event alerts from the production monitoring tools.
• Coordinates efforts to resolve issues by communicating issues to clients, responsible IT engineers, Client Services Managers, and IT managers until resolution of the event.
• Collaborating with business users and developers to identify, analyze, and define complex business requirements
• Creating technical and user documentation, training end users
• Working both individually and also with regional teams to optimize systems and resources
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE WE ARE LOOKING FOR
• At least 2 years of software development experience
• Solid knowledge of either secDB, Java or a similar language plus Object Oriented design and implementation experience
• Excellent interpersonal, client relationship and communication (written and verbal) skills, including being comfortable dealing with business level VPs
• Ability to cope with multiple demands on time and prioritize accordingly and communicate impact
• Technically proficient with database structure and design, comfortable authoring SQL data migration scripts and building complex reports
• Bachelor’s degree in the Computer Science or a Maths / Science / Engineering discipline
• Ability to work across diverse technologies potentially including C#, Java and proprietary GS development platforms such as SecDB and Dash
• Ability to follow existing standards and architecture guidelines
• Ability to prioritize workload and manage expectations until projects are finished
• Ability to participate in code reviews
• Basic relational database skills SQL / DDL
• Object Oriented design and implementation experience
• RDB experience is essential, Oracle/SQL or Sybase is a plus
• Exposure to entire SDLC and Test-driven development techniques
• Web application development
• Strong communication, with the ability to translate between IT and business units and manage internal and external relationships
• Basic Level understanding of Real Estate
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
Â© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2019. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.