Application Opening Date: 06 November 2018
Application Closing Date: 03 December 2018
Level: Executive Director
At Goldman Sachs, our Engineers don’t just make things – we make things possible. Change the world by connecting people and capital with ideas. Solve the most challenging and pressing engineering problems for our clients. Join our engineering teams that build massively scalable software and systems, architect low latency infrastructure solutions, proactively guard against cyber threats, and leverage machine learning alongside financial engineering to continuously turn data into action.
HOW YOU WILL FULFIL YOUR POTENTIAL
The Storage team sits within the Engineering Division and is part of the Core Engineering Business Unit.
- Leading the development of long-term architecture vision, strategy, and roadmaps for the firms data storage and backup and recovery solution across the organization in conjunction with business objectives
- Performing product analysis, evaluation, design, testing, integration and sustained engineering of traditional hardware storage products and software defined storage products
- The automation and development of storage and backup solutions into a self-service cloud services model exposing storage offerings via an API.
- Integrating storage solutions to the public cloud.
- Develop, implement, and oversee automation policies and procedures to ensure consistent data backup, recoverability, and regulatory compliance.
- Establish strategies for technical efficiency, including but limited to consolidation, centralization, and optimization to reduce downtime and costs while improving availability, security and performance
- Work closely with operations, project management, application development, network security, and DBA teams to develop scalable, maintainable, consistent, highly available storage and backup architectures that meet business objectives and set relevant service-level agreements
- Provide level 3 escalation support for our internal 24/7 operations team.
- Perform capacity planning analysis and other needs assessments to inform storage and backup architecture strategy
- Design redundant systems and policies for disaster recovery and archiving to ensure effective protection and integrity of server based data and stored data assets
- Define, communicate, and ensure adherence to data storage retention policies and create routines for end-users to facilitate storage and backup best practices
- Develop and maintain procedures for change management, availability management, incident management and process documentation
- Develops and maintains testing process for current, new, and modified storage and backup appliances and software.
- Maintain current knowledge of infrastructure related laws, trends, and issues, including current and emerging technologies and best practices
- Translate storage and backup architecture requirements into a solution configuration that will be installed and configured
- Take the architecture requirements and plans and develops a validation strategy and schedule for testing the solution before releasing to production
- Manage the purchase, installation, and configuration of new and existing storage and backup devices and corresponding software
- Oversee storage and backup, recovery and disaster recovery services to business units across the enterprise based on established requirements and future growth
- Ensure IT adherence to service level agreements regarding data recoverability, limitations, and availability
- Experience with managing and supporting storage backup solutions for large database environments
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCES WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- Strong academic record with Bachelor's degree, equivalent or above in Engineering, Computer Science or a related discipline required
- Prior experience gained from working within investment banking/financial services industry required
- Experience in enterprise storage backup administration and disaster recovery required
- Experience with storage platform automation and integrating with cloud platforms required
- Experience in Systems and/or Network Administration required
- Familiarity with C/C++, Java and Shell Scripts required
- Experience with hardware and software products from EMC, Network Appliance, Hitachi and Pure Storage required
- Experience with managing and supporting storage backup solutions for large database environments required
- Extensive Experience in conducting DR tests required
- Experience in working across ecosystem comprising of Solaris, Linux, Windows required
- Must have proficiency in programming fundamentals; software design, debugging, best practices, testing
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Project management skills required
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills required
- Must be a collaborative team player
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2018. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.