What We Do
At Goldman Sachs, our Engineers don’t just make things – we make things possible. Change the world by connecting people and capital with ideas. Solve the most challenging and pressing engineering problems for our clients. Join our engineering teams that build massively scalable software and systems, architect low latency infrastructure solutions, proactively guard against cyber threats, and leverage machine learning alongside financial engineering to continuously turn data into action. Create new businesses, transform finance, and explore a world of opportunity at the speed of markets.
Engineering, which is comprised of our Technology Division and global strategists groups, is at the critical center of our business, and our dynamic environment requires innovative strategic thinking and immediate, real solutions. Want to push the limit of digital possibilities? Start here.
Who We Look For
Goldman Sachs Engineers are innovators and problem-solvers, building solutions in risk management, big data, mobile and more. We look for creative collaborators who evolve, adapt to change and thrive in a fast-paced global environment.
The Goldman Sachs Reporting and Tools team within SPARC produces Business Intelligence dashboards and products for use by the wider Enterprise Technology Operations (ETO) organization. This team also assists in developing strategy for reporting by working with stakeholders and defining requirements and standards.
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
• o QlikView and NPrinting - design, develop, test and enhance dashboards and reports.
• o Work as part of a global team providing support and governance around reporting across the SPARC organization.
• o Utilize database knowledge and scripting skills to mine data for dashboard consumption.
• o Generate a deep knowledge of existing data, systems and tools across the organization (from a BI perspective)
• o Liaise with clients and work with a variety of stakeholders to gather business requirements, translating these specifications into technical solutions.
• o Provide input and solution design for transitioning the existing data and reports from legacy to new solutions
• o Evaluate, recommend, and steer towards building efficiencies and automation.
• o Strive for globally consistent processes at all times utilizing reporting to remove manual processes.
• o Design and develop business intelligence dashboards for the ETO groups to create efficiencies and use data to give management insights.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE WE ARE LOOKING FOR
• • Good understanding of QlikView, the ability to write and debug code and produce professional business intelligence dashboards.
• • Proficient in at least one scripting language e.g. PowerShell, Perl, Python.
• • Knowledge of relational databases and associated technologies.
• • Front end development proficiency desirable such as AngularJS, ReactJS.
• • High standards of Quality Assurance and the ability to ensure data and results are accurate.
• • Have strong attention to detail and be meticulous in reviewing large data sets.
• • Ability to learn and develop existing coding skills from reading books and online resources.
• • Awareness of new and existing technologies, architectures, and best practice.
• • Good verbal and written communication skills.
• • Must be able to efficiently document process and procedures.
• • Must be able to gather user requirements and work with stakeholders and clients of all levels.
• • Teamwork – This position involves not only working well with others within one team but with many groups globally.
• • Ability to manage multiple work streams and projects simultaneously in a high pressure environment where change is commonplace.
• • Ability to meet deadlines.
• • Ability to diligently follow standards and best practices for many different technology areas.
• • Adhere to the firm’s basic business principles.
• • The individual must have at least 5 years of industry experience
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
Â© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2018. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.