CONSUMER (MARCUS BY GOLDMAN SACHS)
Marcus by Goldman Sachs is the firm’s consumer business, combining the entrepreneurial spirit of a startup with 150 years of experience. Today, Marcus has $50 billion in deposits, $5 billion in loan balances and 4 million customers across our lending and deposits businesses, as well as the personal financial management app, Clarity Money. Through the use of insights and intuitive design, we provide customers with powerful tools and products that are grounded in value, transparency and simplicity. We are backed by our unique team, comprised of individual contributors from leading agile technology companies, fintechs and consumer financial services companies, allowing us to disrupt the industry, while helping consumers take control of their financial lives.
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
• The DevOps Automation & Systems Engineering team is responsible for building highly available solution that can scale globally across a multitude of digital, consumer facing, financial products.
• Individuals on the team will interact closely with Application Development engineers, Technology and Critical Infrastructure teams and vendor teams to ensure that the solutions being implemented
• Individuals will be responsible to answer support calls as needed, release code to production, contribute back to the firms’ infrastructure automation capabilities and collaborate closely with teams within and across the firm.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE WE ARE LOOKING FOR
• 3+ Years experience in Systems and/or Production Engineering for the Finance and Tech industries
• Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
• Advanced experience in Systems Engineering
• Experience with Software Development in a Linux environment, Shell scripting, Perl/Python
• Understanding of the Agile development methodology
• Experience with any of these tools: Jenkins, Bamboo, BitBucket, Chef, Ansible, PowerShell, Github
• Experience in instrumenting AppDynamics monitors and reporting on platform performance using Splunk
• Experience with deploying code to production systems and building out blue/green deployment infrastructure and accompanying automation techniques
• Energetic, self-directed and self-motivated, able to build and sustain long-term relationships with clients and colleagues
• Intuitively coalesce towards problems with an open mind, within the context of a team
• Exceptional analytical skills, able to apply knowledge and experience in decision-making to arrive at creative and commercial solutions
• Strong desire to learn and contribute solutions and ideas to a broad tea
• Independent and comfortable in a fast paced, ambiguous and often multi-directional work environments
• Can manage multiple tasks and use sound judgment when prioritizing
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Ensures accuracy of the information entered into the production scheduling systems
• Ensures accuracy and timeliness of information entered in problem management systems
CONSUMER AND INVESTMENT MANAGEMENT DIVISION (CIMD)
The Consumer and Investment Management Division includes Goldman Sachs Asset Management (GSAM), Private Wealth Management (PWM) and our Consumer business (Marcus by Goldman Sachs). We provide asset management, wealth management and banking expertise to consumers and institutions around the world. CIMD partners with various teams across the firm to help individuals and institutions navigate changing markets and take control of their financial lives.
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2020. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.