Fixed Income, Currency, and Commodities (FICC) Technology plays a key role in the firm’s
ability to help institutional clients buy and sell financial instruments on liquidity venues
around the world, an important revenue driver for the firm. In FICC Technology we use both open source industry standard and internal proprietary technologies to build cutting edge platforms for pricing, execution, and control over each of these millions of transactions.
FICC Technology is looking for a developer to work on “FICC Risk Platform”, a new infrastructure for real-time risk computation in FICC Macro, as part of the Bengaluru Bolt Web technology team. The FICC Risk Platform is a highly distributed and resilient state machine that is relied on by Traders and Desk Strats in FICC to provide up-to-date information for all their transactions. Candidate will be interacting with global teams on a regular basis to understand business requirements, design and implement quality solutions
The ideal candidate would have experience and interest in building a large scale distributed system that is fast, accurate and highly reliable. They should also have commercial experience in Java.
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
• Build a unified world-class platform for risk management in various FICC products.
• Demonstrates excellent communication skills including experience speaking to technical and business audiences and working globally
• Works with global teams on projects that will have global impact
• Proactively engages with stakeholders through the SDLC of the projects
• Brings innovative thoughts and new ideas to the table
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE WE ARE LOOKING FOR
• 2+ years of professional Java development experience
• Familiarity with automated testing, DevOps and Continuous Deployment
• Excellent object oriented analysis and design skills
• Strong knowledge of data structures, algorithms
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or related technical discipline
• Comfortable multi-tasking, managing multiple stakeholders and working as part of a team
• Strong communication skills
• Experience in NoSQL data stores, e.g. Cassandra or MongoDB
• Experience in modern message oriented middleware, e.g. Kafka or RabbitMQ
• Experience in debugging distributed systems.
• Experience in developing software for Akka or Vertx.
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2019. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.