Application Opening Date: 07 December 2018
Application Closing Date: 03 January 2019
Level: Executive Director
At Goldman Sachs, our Engineers don’t just make things – we make things possible. Change the world by connecting people and capital with ideas. Solve the most challenging and pressing engineering problems for our clients. Join our engineering teams that build massively scalable software and systems, architect low latency infrastructure solutions, proactively guard against cyber threats, and leverage machine learning alongside financial engineering to continuously turn data into action. Create new businesses, transform finance, and explore a world of opportunity at the speed of markets.
Engineering, which is comprised of our Technology Division and global strategists groups, is at the critical center of our business, and our dynamic environment requires innovative strategic thinking and immediate, real solutions. Want to push the limit of digital possibilities? Start here.
The Cryptographic Services Engineering team within Security Engineering is broadly responsible for designing and implementing core cryptography and secrets management solutions for the firm’s internal and public cloud technology. We help secure the firm's systems and software by providing solutions that allow our software engineering teams to easily and reliably safeguard their applications.
Goldman Sachs Engineers are innovators and problem-solvers, building solutions in risk management, big data, mobile and more. We look for creative collaborators who evolve, adapt to change and thrive in a fast-paced global environment. Are you are a software engineer or security engineering specialist looking for a role where you can have broad-reaching positive impact and are enthusiastic about security, authentication, cloud, and cryptography, with significant engineering experience?
HOW YOU WILL FULFIL YOUR POTENTIAL
- Build software libraries and services to provide secure-by-default services to software engineering teams, including authentication systems, secrets management solutions, endpoint control solutions, and cloud controls
- Partner with colleagues from across technology and risk to ensure an outstanding, useable and unobtrusive experience for owners and users of secrets
- Collaborate on feature design and problem solving
- Help to provide frictionless integration with the firm’s runtime, deployment and SDLC technologies
- Manage the full lifecycle of software components, from requirements through design, testing, development, release and demise
- Help to communicate and promote best practices for security engineering across the firm
- Engage in production troubleshooting
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCES WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- Strong academic record with Bachelor’s level, equivalent or above in Engineering, Technology or a related discipline required
- Significant experience in security concepts, including core cryptography, open source cryptography, secure coding practices and principles of authentication and secrets management required
- Knowledge of understanding of X.509, and authentication protocols (knowledge of ARM Trustzone) required
- Ability to reason about performance, security, and process interactions in complex distributed systems
- Experience in designing/developing/testing cross-platform software in Java, C/C++ and GoLang required
- Experience developing, deploying and supporting software across the full Continuous Delivery life-cycle required
- Familiarity with Linux, Windows, Android systems required
- Demonstrable involvement with process improvement initiatives required
- Experience with integration/continuous integration, deployment and configuration management tools required
- Ability/experience to understand and effectively debug both new and existing software
- Familiarity with Vaulting, Kubernetes/Docker required
- Experience meeting demands for high availability, low latency and scale
- Ability to communicate technical concepts effectively both written and verbal
- Ability to collaborate effectively with colleagues across diverse technology teams
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2018. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.