What We Do
At Goldman Sachs, our Engineers don’t just make things – we make things possible. Change the world by connecting people and capital with ideas. Solve the most challenging and pressing engineering problems for our clients. Join our engineering teams that build massively scalable software and systems, architect low latency infrastructure solutions, proactively guard against cyber threats, and leverage machine learning alongside financial engineering to continuously turn data into action. Create new businesses, transform finance, and explore a world of opportunity at the speed of markets.
Engineering, which is comprised of our Technology Division and global strategists groups, is at the critical center of our business, and our dynamic environment requires innovative strategic thinking and immediate, real solutions. Want to push the limit of digital possibilities? Start here.
Who We Look For
Goldman Sachs Engineers are innovators and problem-solvers, building solutions in risk management, big data, mobile and more. We look for creative collaborators who evolve, adapt to change and thrive in a fast-paced global environment.
Make data a strategic asset for the enterprise by providing a platform that enables the structuring, management, integration, control, discovery, usage, and governance of our Data Assets.
The Data Lake team is building the firmwide data repository for Goldman Sachs. It will hold full versioned histories of all data at the firm in a form that is ready to use quickly for any current or future purpose. With all the firm’s data kept in a single place it can be readily projected into appropriate technologies for consumption or transformation. The Data Lake uses a wide variety of cutting edge technologies including Hadoop, HBase, HDFS, Map/Reduce, Spark, Apache Beam, Apache Flink, Kakfa, SQL data warehouses, Presto, Hive, Java and Python.
• Leverage your understanding of big data concepts, hands-on experience and knowledge of the Data Lake to provide guidance and technical support to the Lake’s clients
• Engage and develop relationships with clients to understand their business use cases, how the Data Lake can provide effective solutions and to identify enhancements to be added to the product roadmap
• Use client support and problem solving skills, a collaborative work ethic, and a keen sense of prioritization to help clients remediate and address issues, problems and risks
• Provide configuration, code reviews and, when necessary, develop key software components to assist clients to efficiently use the Lake to meet their business requirements
• Influence and help drive the prioritization of the Data Lake product roadmap and the development of new functionality based on your knowledge of client’s business needs
• Identify analytics to track client’s Lake usage, configuration/software behavior, data patterns and issues; create data models to support the analytics, leverage the Data Lake to generate the data and develop dashboards using off-the-shelf tools
• Contribute to the Data Lake’s knowledge base that documents its features, functionality, best practices and user guides
• Contribute to the user training solutions so that clients can learn about the Lake’s features and functions independently and at their own pace
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
• Develop an in-depth understanding of big data concepts and gain hands-on experience of how they are supported in the Data Lake
• Problem solving, creativity and ownership will empower you to troubleshoot and remedy client issues, problems and risks
• Develop a data-driven mindset to create and use analytics to help drive decisions on which clients require attention, what features should be prioritized and predict issues before they occur
• Understand client’s business use cases so that you can influence and help drive the priority and development of the Data Lake product
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE WE ARE LOOKING FOR
• 3-6 years of software development experience, with particular focus on business data management in a client facing role
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills
• Exceptional communication skills both written & verbal
• Strong interpersonal skills & proven success in cross-functional collaboration
• Ability to stay commercially focused and to always push for quantifiable commercial impact
• • The ability to self-direct as circumstances change and priorities shift, based on organizational needs, without constant & overt micromanagement
• • Extensive knowledge and proven experience applying domain driven design to build complex business applications or processes
• • Strong work ethic, a sense of ownership and urgency
• A Bachelor’s degree (Masters preferred) in a computational field (Computer Science, Applied Mathematics, Engineering, or in a related quantitative discipline)
• Working knowledge of more than one programming language (Python, R, Java, C++, Slang etc.)
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
Â© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2019. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.