What We Do
At Goldman Sachs, our Engineers don’t just make things – we make things possible. Change the world by connecting people and capital with ideas. Solve the most challenging and pressing engineering problems for our clients. Join our engineering teams that build massively scalable software and systems, architect low latency infrastructure solutions, proactively guard against cyber threats, and leverage machine learning alongside financial engineering to continuously turn data into action. Create new businesses, transform finance, and explore a world of opportunity at the speed of markets.
Engineering, which is comprised of our Technology Division and global strategists groups, is at the critical center of our business, and our dynamic environment requires innovative strategic thinking and immediate, real solutions. Want to push the limit of digital possibilities? Start here.
Who We Look For
Goldman Sachs Engineers are innovators and problem-solvers, building solutions in risk management, big data, mobile and more. We look for creative collaborators who evolve, adapt to change and thrive in a fast-paced global environment.
Core Engineering provides desktop, mobile and developer environments; shared infrastructure; quality and reliability frameworks; data architectures; and technology risk services for Goldman Sachs and its 10,000+ engineers.
Within Core, the Outreach and Engagement team develops tools and processes for sharing technical information. Working with teams from across Engineering, we oversee development of the engineeringCentral knowledge platform and the Engineering site. As curators, we ensure that key products are discoverable and well-understood, that high-quality documentation and training materials are available, and that shared practices are communicated effectively.
We are looking for a Deputy Program Manager to assist with the build-out and ongoing operation of our platforms and processes.
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
• Developing, promoting and overseeing the application of streamlined processes for onboarding products and practices to the engineeringCentral platform.
• Partnering with Engineering teams to create documentation and training materials for delivery on the platform.
• Working with stakeholders to prioritize and implement platform feature requests.
• Staying abreast of developments in key Engineering products and practices and ensuring enhancements are reflected on relevant pages.
• Representing Core Outreach and Engagement in meetings with Engineering teams and other stakeholders.
• As needed, conducting live and virtual trainings in Outreach and Engagement tools and practices.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE WE ARE LOOKING FOR
• Bachelor's Degree Required
• Excellent written and oral communication abilities.
• Background in technical writing or training.
• Strong presentation skills and the ability to work well with varied stakeholders.
• Experience managing large-scale content repositories or websites.
• Strong project management skills.
• Understanding of software development practices and comfort with code.
• Ability to deliver against tight deadlines and handle multiple, competing demands.
• Positive team attitude and a willingness to get hands-on with everything from strategy to editing.
• Experience with developer-facing documentation is a strong plus.
• Past experience as a developer is a plus.
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
Â© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2019. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.